What is the oldest bottle dump/privy you've found?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
I'm super excited becuase I gained permission yesterday to search an old farm property! This isn't just any old farm, the house dates to 1698!!!! What's even better is the owners said that there is a dump about 300 ft (close proximity usually indicates an older dump) to the back of the house that is probably a couple hundred years old! I'll be going to visit it this Saturday!

This got me thinking, what is the oldest property you have had the privilege to search and what is the oldest privy/bottle dump you've ever found?

nhpharm

Reaction score
I've searched some real early properties in New Hampshire, but the earliest dump I've dug spanned from about 1830-1910. I think before 1830, very few intact things were thrown out except in major cities; dumps earlier than this would likely not turn up much but shards. The earliest dig I could date here in Texas was a privy that dated to the late 1840's (had a broken Taylor Never Surrenders cobalt soda in it).

yacorie

Reaction score
I'm super excited becuase I gained permission yesterday to search an old farm property! This isn't just any old farm, the house dates to 1698!!!! What's even better is the owners said that there is a dump about 300 ft (close proximity usually indicates an older dump) to the back of the house that is probably a couple hundred years old! I'll be going to visit it this Saturday!

This got me thinking, what is the oldest property you have had the privilege to search and what is the oldest privy/bottle dump you've ever found?

this got me thinking - what time should I meet you hahahahahahah

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp