What is this bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

gdog68

Reaction score
1666309314951.png
1666309303736.png

1666309428722.png
1666309330741.png

bought this at an antique store for 5$ any ideas on the age of this bottle? It says Mullaney and hayes. It's in perfect condition with nice bubbles.

Roy

Reaction score

gdog68

Reaction score
Great bottle, nice find.
I would guess it to be made in1880s but others on here are better at dating bottles than I am. Roy
Thanks for the reply.
Yeh I was thinking it was the 1870s or 1880s I have been looking through the internet but really can't find anything about the company or what they made but my guess is a whiskey bottle. The only thing on the internet on this bottle is that one sold for 70 dollars on ebay but really doesnt give credable detail on what this bottle is or how old it is.

Reactions: Len

Roy

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
Yeh I was thinking it was the 1870s or 1880s I have been looking through the internet but really can't find anything about the company or what they made but my guess is a whiskey bottle. The only thing on the internet on this bottle is that one sold for 70 dollars on ebay but really doesnt give credable detail on what this bottle is or how old it is.
No matter what, it's definitely worth more than the 5 bucks..... Roy

102viadeluna

Reaction score
This info was found at WorthPoint, a subscription site for prices from auction,
  • SOLD FOR$70.00
  • SOLD DATEDec 21, 2016
Here is an APPLIED TOP 1870's WHISKEY BOTTLE that is embossed on the front: MULLANEY & HAYES INDIANAPOLIS, IND. and on the BASE is embossed: DHC which was the CHAMBERS GLASS WORKS in PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA . It has an UNUSUAL SHAPE in that the SHOULDER appears somewhat BULBOUS since the BACK HALF of the bottle has 4 SIDES and the FRONT HALF has 2 PANELS that go down a couple of inches with 2 PYRAMIDS where they end with the EMBOSSING in between those two PARTIAL PANELS. At the BOTTOM of the SHOULDER there are "HALF CIRCLES" that are TAPERED . See the PICS for DETAIL of all this. It has an APPLED TAPERED TOP with a RING BAND below it. It is a HONEY AMBER COLOR and is 11 1/4" TALL. It is in GOOD CONDITION and has been tumbled or professionally cleaned with only a little very faint inside haze in places and NO DAMAGE such as chips, cracks, dings, etc. NICE UNUSUALLY SHAPED 1870's MIDWESTERN WHISKEY !

Old man digger

Reaction score
This info was found at WorthPoint, a subscription site for prices from auction,
  • SOLD FOR$70.00
  • SOLD DATEDec 21, 2016
Here is an APPLIED TOP 1870's WHISKEY BOTTLE that is embossed on the front: MULLANEY & HAYES INDIANAPOLIS, IND. and on the BASE is embossed: DHC which was the CHAMBERS GLASS WORKS in PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA . It has an UNUSUAL SHAPE in that the SHOULDER appears somewhat BULBOUS since the BACK HALF of the bottle has 4 SIDES and the FRONT HALF has 2 PANELS that go down a couple of inches with 2 PYRAMIDS where they end with the EMBOSSING in between those two PARTIAL PANELS. At the BOTTOM of the SHOULDER there are "HALF CIRCLES" that are TAPERED . See the PICS for DETAIL of all this. It has an APPLED TAPERED TOP with a RING BAND below it. It is a HONEY AMBER COLOR and is 11 1/4" TALL. It is in GOOD CONDITION and has been tumbled or professionally cleaned with only a little very faint inside haze in places and NO DAMAGE such as chips, cracks, dings, etc. NICE UNUSUALLY SHAPED 1870's MIDWESTERN WHISKEY !
Those longnecked whiskey bottles are great in bar fights. !!!!!!

treasurekidd

Reaction score

Rojaspak

Reaction score
Mullaney and Hayes indianapolis indiana
Mullaney Hsyes was a wholesale liquor distributor for n Indianapolis from ca. 1874-1891. Whiskey is a hook likelihood, going on the earlier dates. Color, 12-panel (?) base indicate early, too. Nice find.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown