What is this odd bottle? HELP!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MedBottle1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been on and off active on here for quite some time and appreciate the help thus far in identifying particular bottles. I normally collect bottles from the state of Georgia as well as medicines. I was in an antique store today and found this odd bottle. It's almost like a gflask, and the only information I could find was from 10-12 years ago where someone called it a pumpkinseed bottle. The McCormick and co. group produced poison and some food grade liquids the best I can tell, but all of the other pumpkinseed bottles I have seen have been slightly different than this one. I paid a few bucks for it and wanted to know the value and likely what it contained.

Small Bottle.jpg

Thanks!

MedBottle1

Reaction score
Its a few inches tall, thin, and no marking on bottom. Over the word "Balto" for Baltimore, there is a faint oval indention about the same size as what likely would have been printed on the bottom. Its so faint I can't read it.

MedBottle1

Reaction score
Thanks! I have seen similar images but mine does not have the lettering in the circle. Do you have any idea of a potential value?

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I don't think it's a particularly desirable bottle -- an extract bottle, probably. $5 to $15 likely, if you can find a buyer.

sandchip

Reaction score
Looks like a pumpkin seed whiskey flask, but what it contained coming from McCormick, I don't know. Maybe someone with a labeled example will chime in and solve the mystery.

nhpharm

Reaction score
There is a larger size of those as well. I believe Bay Rum or Jamaica Ginger would have been the contents.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky