What is this poohs honey pot?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kheidecker

Reaction score
Congrats on first crock. I was so excited when I found my crock I found so many shards of Crocs. It's amazing what they threw away back in the day not knowing what works of art lot of glass and stoneware is to us today.like I said the jars I found next to crock where 1900-1910 jars.i found mine just east of st Louis. Where about was yours found. Don't know a whole lot about Crocs but I was just curious if you found yours in the midwest or not

Dewfus

"Saving The Past So It Has A Future"
Reaction score
Congrats on first crock. I was so excited when I found my crock I found so many shards of Crocs. It's amazing what they threw away back in the day not knowing what works of art lot of glass and stoneware is to us today.like I said the jars I found next to crock where 1900-1910 jars.i found mine just east of st Louis. Where about was yours found. Don't know a whole lot about Crocs but I was just curious if you found yours in the midwest or not
yeah I'm from ligonier,indiana lol home of corn and well more corn ....and soy beans. But my spot is pretty big and it's hard to determine where to look for older bottles because I've found what I know is a.few late 1800s bottles right next to some 1920s bottles right next to this crock lol. But same here my friend I've only seen shards of them! But I once found 1 complete side of a 4 1/2 ft crock I kept it amd use it in my wife flower garden area

Kheidecker

Reaction score
Only been digging 4 glass for about 6 months now but everybody ive talked to said go deep to the bottom the stuff gets older as you go deeper but I haven't had a chance and where I go you can't be digging big holes everywhere. I've already dug way too much of the Bank of the creek I've been going. Looks like a herd of badgers went crazy down in there. Well good luck bottle digger extrodiner

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
The numbers I suppose indicates the capacity of these pots. They have different meaning in other type of recipients.
It's easy to verily filling the crock with water and pour it into a measuring recipient.
Then divide the amount for the mysterious number. If I am right you get the unit used.

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
Only been digging 4 glass for about 6 months now but everybody ive talked to said go deep to the bottom the stuff gets older as you go deeper but I haven't had a chance and where I go you can't be digging big holes everywhere. I've already dug way too much of the Bank of the creek I've been going. Looks like a herd of badgers went crazy down in there. Well good luck bottle digger extrodiner
The deeper you dig the better might be the condition of bottles. On tbe surface or near it most is broken.Al

Kheidecker

Reaction score
Out of town for work right now when I get back home tomorrow I'll have to look closer and see if there's a number on the bottom of my crock is that right that yours is 5 inches tall cuz that one I've got is probably about a 1 gallon crock an is about 12 inches tall. I'm new to this app but there should be a a crock subject on here somewheres. I wonder if these Crocs are like bottles and get certain ones in certain areas of the country. Hard to tell the size of yours but the one I got up close looks alot like that one you got. I've got other Crocs that I have been given. Pulling out of the dirt after years makes it all that much better than one given to you. I was the first person to touch in over 70yrs possibly 170y. Think I'm going to try privy hunting and digging soon as it warms up and dries up.

Dewfus

"Saving The Past So It Has A Future"
Reaction score
Thanks my guy lol myne and my friends spot is hudge! and it looks like a war was fought there lmao

DFW Digger

Reaction score
Congratulations on your first crock. They are a memory you won't forget. I remember my wife's first and only crock so far more than the one I found. Hers was way better and we shared it together. Looks like it slipped in the makers hands.

Attachments

• 20200222_180632.jpg
    20200222_180632.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 195

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu