What is this?????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steelerscotty

Reaction score
Hello,
I go thrifting and there were two of these in a bag I bought with some other stuff. I cleaned one up and it is polished silver with a small plain screw on top and hollow inside. I was thinking it was maybe a candle snuffer with out the long handle part that you would hold but I am not sure. Any help on what they might be is greatly appreciated.....

Attachments

• silver 1.jpg
    silver 1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 353
  • silver 2.jpg
    silver 2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 349

LalaGirl

Reaction score
Hello,
I go thrifting and there were two of these in a bag I bought with some other stuff. I cleaned one up and it is polished silver with a small plain screw on top and hollow inside. I was thinking it was maybe a candle snuffer with out the long handle part that you would hold but I am not sure. Any help on what they might be is greatly appreciated.....
Very interesting! A snuffer sounds plausible, even without a handle, because of the gap between the part that would get hot, and the handle...

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Candle snuffer is my best guess as well, but I'm not sure why the screw part would be there unless it's missing a handle of some sort.

Steelerscotty

Reaction score
So every ones best guess is a snuffer. Then I will call it a snuffer!!! :) I left pictures and a description on another site and got no response, so thank you guys for your comments.

Steelerscotty

Reaction score
I’m thinking it was a candle snuffer and the screw held in a hollow handle of some sort, which is now gone.
That's what I was thinking. The screw on top comes off and you can put on different handles and put the screw back on. Its a plain screw so I am thinking it is probably a little old.

embe

Reaction score
Doesn't look very old, assuming no hallmark on the silver. If the screw threads are metric or imperial might help

Steelerscotty

Reaction score
Doesn't look very old, assuming no hallmark on the silver. If the screw threads are metric or imperial might help
It doesn't look old because I did a hell of a job polishing it up. :) I was figuring it was older because of the plain and not phillips screw and it is not metric.

Bohdan

Reaction score
Are you sure it is silver? Looks like stainless steel or even chrome or nickel plated.

Steelerscotty

Reaction score
Are you sure it is silver? Looks like stainless steel or even chrome or nickel plated.
I used silver polish to polish it up. Its not stainless. I don't If it's chrome or not. I don't know my metals that well. Any guesses on what it might be?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jshoff