What is this?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I found in the woods in an old junk pile with broken crocks. Any
20230405_140349.jpg
ideas?

East_Tn_Bottle_Guy

Reaction score
I found in the woods in an old junk pile with broken crocks. Any View attachment 245873ideas?
It is a cone top can. There is a member on here, his name is Leon but his user tag is HemiHampton, and he collects those. Some can fetch BIG money. He'll probably chime in at some point. There's a few different ways to clean them. I've heard the best way is oxalic acid.

Old man digger

Reaction score
It is a cone top can. There is a member on here, his name is Leon but his user tag is HemiHampton, and he collects those. Some can fetch BIG money. He'll probably chime in at some point. There's a few different ways to clean them. I've heard the best way is oxalic acid.
Looks to me like you have found a surface dump. If you were using your metal detector to find that cone bottle. Start using a probe to see if there are any goodies below the surface. Go gently as you will feel the glass without breaking threw.

hemihampton

Reaction score
YES, That's a cone top can called a Crowntainer, Could be common or could be rare, would never know unless it gets cleaned & is readable to identify it? Is there any more there? I'd be Interested in them if there is. Dates to roughly 1940-1955 approximately give or take a year. LEON.

altesfront1.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu