What makes a Hutch, a Hutch?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I have many Hutchinson bottles and love then they have the stopper as we all do. Is it the shape of the bottle or the stopper? That makes a hutch, a hutch. Now I've seen a Hutchinson that does not have the average stopper but it does has a Riley Internal threaded stopper. I thought it was all about the stopper. How many other types of Hutchinson closures are there? Here is the link to the killer TH Hawaii hutch.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

slugplate

Reaction score
I believe it has to do with the style of the stopper. It seems "Hutchinson" stopper is where it derives its name and is also used to describe the entire bottle.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I believe it has to do with the style of the stopper. It seems "Hutchinson" stopper is where it derives its name and is also used to describe the entire bottle.
This Honolulu hutch is in the hutchbook, it has a Riley internal threaded stopper. Still a Hutchinson, hence my question. I guess there are exceptions to this rule. Most likely not the only one. I have seen Roorbach marble stoppers used in hutches but I thought it was a modified version and though still a Hutch it does not have a Hutch stopper. Wonder how many there are. Hutchbook doesn't mention various closures found on certain hutches. If it does I am not aware of it.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu