What The Hell is this OddBall Bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
One of the Oddest Bottles I ever Dug. Anybody have a Clue what it could Be? If you click onto pic it supersizes. LEON.
MeWithOddballBottle.png
MeWithOddballBottl2.png
OddBallBottle.JPG

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Last edited:

treeguyfred

Reaction score
That is AWESOME Leon! I'm sorta weighing in with Robby on it. It could be Dutch or German I think. Age, somewhat uncertain. What does the bottom/base have on it? I think I see some gold gilding still on it here & there.... certainly not an average piece.. Quite desirable! I'm always pleased to find these rare oddities of art and function! Thanks for sharing it,
~Fred

willong

Reaction score
One of the Oddest Bottles I ever Dug. Anybody have a Clue what it could Be?

I'm inclined to think that it is not a "bottle" per se, but a flower vase, especially if the interior surface of that tapered neck is glossy smooth. By the way, are any mold seams evident? Or, is it free-blown?

However, if you find that the inside of the neck is ground to receive a ground-glass stopper, then I tend to agree with ROBBYBOBBY64, assuming that by "Dresser Bottle" he means a decorative but also functional container meant to sit upon an Victorian era lady's dresser table and intended to hold various toiletries.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I'm inclined to think that it is not a "bottle" per se, but a flower vase, especially if the interior surface of that tapered neck is glossy smooth. By the way, are any mold seams evident? Or, is it free-blown?

However, if you find that the inside of the neck is ground to receive a ground-glass stopper, then I tend to agree with ROBBYBOBBY64, assuming that by "Dresser Bottle" he means a decorative but also functional container meant to sit upon an Victorian era lady's dresser table and intended to hold various toiletries.
That is what came to mind when I said it. I am not an expert. They were usually ornate. Flowers and gold gilt accented were common.. Not that it couldn't be a vase or perfume. It just looks like a victorian dresser bottle to me.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Looks like one.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members