What would you like to see in a bottle book?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I was doing some preliminary work on putting the book together and ran into a slight dilema.
If I use every listing in my medicine database just those listings will take up 700-800 pages.
This is near the binding limit for most book makers who do limited run books.
700 pages is the limit, 500 pages for a stitched binding.
And this isnt even including the photos, historic info or other stuff I would like to include.
As a comparison, the RED BOOK of Fruit Jars is about 400 pages.

So, seems I need a compromise approach.
Either do multiple volumes[:'(] , or dont try to include every variation, or do just a listing/price guide, or some other variation.
When it was on CDROM size wasnt an issue.
Any ideas?

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I think it's important to have all the most common variations listed. You don't really need a separate listing for each size. I don't know if that's the problem, hopefully it is.

I reiterate what I said earlier, I think a simple listing/price guide would be sufficient, with no pictures or history needed. I am very interested in that sort of stuff, but I think it would be counterproductive to include that in the book. I think you'd do better to have that stuff on a supplementary CDROM, so that you could include as much of it as you want in whatever format you want. You could sell the CD as a package deal with the book, I know I'd rather do that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac