What's the best ketchup bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tolmanbridge

Reaction score
I don't usually want ketchup bottles but while we were beachcombing a rough beach in Australia I came across one. The beach was nothing but huge, sharp rocks. Wedged in between two huge rocks we could see the very top of a bottle. I pulled it out expecting to see just a shard but the entire bottle had somehow survived being thrown up onto the boulders and covered with sand. It has "The Property of Blue Bird Pres. Co Pty Ltd" embossed on the side. I believe it is from the thirties but I am not too sure.
IMG_1222.JPG
IMG_1223.JPG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Okay, like everyone else, I see a lot of these old "nondescript" ketchup bottles from the 60s and 70s. For the most part, I ignore them, since they have no real appeal or value. However, I am encouraged after seeing pmustang27s collection since I have the same more or less ones that I found and kept. But, yeah, not much value in ketchup bottles unless they are really appealing, like ROBBYBOBBY64s OR they are from the early 1900s. Here is one I just found that is interesting (I'm pretty sure it is a ketchup. Let me know if I'm way off my rocker!). Please excuse the bottom picture, it came out as green, but it is clear in color.
That's not a ketchup, it's a soda or beer. A very modern one at that, dating somewhere between the 1990s and yesterday.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
YES, These are nice ones. I wouldn't be throwing these back. Is that a Baltimore Maryland Bottle? LEON.
Yep, from Baltimore. I don't have much hope of finding one of those up here! Oldest ketchup bottles I come across here are the ones you mentioned earlier, with the big threads meant to take a cork and aluminum cover. They mostly aren't even from Canadian companies though, just the same Curtiss Bros bottles you see all over the place.

slickfinish

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a Best or Good Ketchup Bottle? Most the ones I dig are pretty plain & Slicks & thrown back into the Hole or Dump. LEON.
Look in ebay for ketchup bottles. There is a early Heinz ketchup that is an eye popper. Gorgeous, has a shape similar to liquor bottles. I would call it the Holy Grail of ketchup

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Just for the look--I like the Heinz with longish neck, highlighted embossed side vertical lines, and the giant bulbous base. Its base patent is from the 1890s. To me the king of ketchups, and potentially, a nifty hand weapon.:)

KSESTATE

Reaction score
Flaccus Bros. of the fruit jar fame made a ketchup / sauce bottle with their typical stag logo. Shaped like a normal era ketchup. Considered rare. I only know of these as my father n laws dug one about 20 years ago and got about $100 for it then.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown