what's the newest bottle worth keeping?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Troutmaster08

Reaction score
What is the newest bottle you have kept and at what point should I realize a bottle is to new to keep? I personally would say 60s but what are you're thoughts?

Timelypicken

Reaction score
I would say 50’s, but there are some super rare edition Bottles from the 2000’s worth money

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Probably 80s for me, but there are very few bottles that recent that I'd keep. There are some really nice ACLs from the 70s so that's where my interest mostly ends, but there's the odd rare local soda from the 80s that I'd keep, pretty much exclusively paper label sodas.

FreeRangeAsparagus

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to meet and talk with a man who used to run a local Pepsi bottling plant. It has since shut down but he is still around. Fun fact: he took the plant over from his brother who was bottling the Pureoxia ginger ale. Anyways, at the end of our sit down, he offered me several bottles from various NSDA conventions he had been to over the years. As such I have commemorative bottles from 1968, 1974, and 1975. Beyond those, I would have to agree with the 60s.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Newest I have is a full unopened New Coke. Because of the blind test taste. People preferred the sweeter taste of Pepsi over Coke. Coke tried a new sweeter formula and it was considered a total flop. They went back to the classic Coke known as formula 7X. I also have a full unopened crystal Pepsi which was developed because of people not wanting impurities in their soda. Crystal Pepsi was not as sweet as regular Pepsi. It was another flop. That's about it for new collectable bottles. I also did work for at the time the president of Pepsis son. I got to meet the president on a Saturday morning, he was walking with his grandson on the sidewalk in front of the house. I told him just for the record...Coke sucks! He in turn said to me ALRIGHT! and gave me a thumbs up and a big smile. That was back in the early 80s his name was John Sculley.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

A2TED

Relic Retriever
Reaction score
Some of those glass two liter sodas can sometimes fetch a number you wouldn’t expect. Id totally keep one if I found one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCO

Reaction score
I wouldn't keep modern bottles that were used now , have kept some relatively recent ones , have a growing collection of Sobe bottles in the garage , think I have 6 now

is some neat bottles from the late 80's and early 90's , those stubby pop bottles have a neat look to them , I find them fairly often but usually not in good condition , did find a coke one a few weeks back that was in great shape

hemihampton

Reaction score
That's all a matter of opinion. The older the better I say. I prefer them older then 1919. unless it's a Milk or Soda. Or paper label Beer pre 1960. LEON.

Mjbottle

Reaction score
For me to keep a modern bottle it has to be at least somewhat uncommon and have that "cool" factor in my eyes.the earliest i have is an empty remy martin louis 13.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp