Where did my post go?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
It seems that my post 'Is the use of forums dead?' has disappeared!!...unless I'm loosing my mind?

Canadacan

Reaction score
I looked and it does seem to be gone. Someone must have reported it or the admins didn't like it, it got killed so the FORUM is really DEAD now! Pun intended. Very odd.
I don't feel anything discussed was derogatory in any way towards the forum. All the comments were honest and open, it was good to hear the differing positions of members.
So at this point it appears 'Freedom of Speech' is 'Dead' on this forum!...lol . I have done a lot to advocate for the use of this forum by way of sharing links of posts on facebook to encourage others to come check it out.
So it is a very odd thing because I've never had a post just vanish.

hemihampton

Reaction score
When I was in a Beer Can site my post constantly disappeared all the time for almost any reason or no reason at all. Very irritating. LEON.

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
accident, across forums everywhere there has been a rash of old accts being hacked and they are posting spam links. Sorry. I was on a phone trying to clean those up while at the dentist.

Canadacan

Reaction score
accident, across forums everywhere there has been a rash of old accts being hacked and they are posting spam links. Sorry. I was on a phone trying to clean those up while at the dentist.
Ohhh no!!!....well I'm relieved it was nothing I did. But so sorry you have to deal with that...spam bot accounts have to be the worst!

Canadacan

Reaction score
When I was in a Beer Can site my post constantly disappeared all the time for almost any reason or no reason at all. Very irritating. LEON.
So according to our admin here its hacked old accounts that were spamming, you weren't the only one that had post gone missing on the other site...I had a couple too, and in most cases post had to be deleted to deal with it, I now recall Danny mentioning to me when one of my posts had 50,000 hits!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Good to know. The searchable archived threads are the big difference between a forum like this one and platforms like FB, as I understand it. Can you restore the lost threads?

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
What about it, texkev . . . can you recover the lost thread?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky