Where would you dump?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
You have to be part detective and part bloodhound would not hurt. Whenever i find a foundation or any old lived in area in the woods i say to myself where is the trash dump. Way back before a garbage truck came to your house and took your trash. They had to put it somewhere. I figure i would burn alot and the stuff that was not combustable like glass , metal, porcelain, etc would go where. I look at the lay of the land. Is there a place to put it maybe not too far but not close enough to smell and for me i would want it out of sight. I have found that out the backdoor or behind the building was popular with the i guess lazy people. If there wete multiple dwelling i think they may have used a single spot for everyone. They had to put it somewhere. The next time you see a foundation put yourself in their shoes so to speak. Then say to yourself...Where would you dump?

planeguy2

Reaction score
This explains why you find bottles in ravines and in river beds.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
They dumped down ravines or any unusable land (swamps). Rivers took the trash magically away! Now we know that is not the case.

martyfoley

Reaction score
At the end old dead end unpaved roads were excellent dumping areas, especially if there was a ravine or decline in the lay of the land. Get an old town map, find where these old roads, and houses used to be. Topographical maps may shed light as well. One old dump I found was well off the main road down a dirt road. They did have horse and buggy back then so they carted a lot of stuff off into the wooded ravines. Just my thoughts, may give you some ideas. Stay safe. ;)

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Go on google maps and get an aerial view of the area. I know you won't be able to zoom in close enough to see shards of glass. You can see piles and holes, also trenches dug by others before you. It has helped me in more way than one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis