Which insulators should I look out for from now on?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sand_pontil

Reaction score
People pull intact insulators out of the wild all the time. This is just one of the caches I've dug so far this year. Also have dug a green Diamond P ($1250-1500), threadless TILLOTSON 731 ($500), a big chunk of a 193.1 AM. TEL. & TEL. CO. ($3000-3500), and tons of other really great, rare insulators. Picked a 102.4 ($1250-1500) out of a milk crate of commons at a local antique store for $2 this year as well. When you know what your looking for and how to find it you can do very well.[attachment=RR_CACHE.jpg]

Attachments

• 693a81e5b1be4afaa5f1f19d7056461f.jpg
    693a81e5b1be4afaa5f1f19d7056461f.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 110

Jet Coaster Fan

Reaction score
I just got a Brookfield insulator that says New York on the opposite side. It is a beehive style

botlguy

Reaction score
Jet Coaster Fan said:
I just got a Brookfield insulator that says New York on the opposite side. It is a beehive style
I think we've discussed this here before but the above post really tells us nothing. Individual variant and color is KEY. Saying what you do is like "I just found a soda bottle". Not meaning to be at all impolite, but trying to get a point across, it's a waste of time to post such things. Really collecting insulators for fun and profit, you mentioned that you want to offer them for trade, You need to educate yourself. You have received good suggestions but don't seem to be taking them to heart. Folks are trying their best to help you, that good nature may not last. Example: I offered to trade for your C&P TEL. CO. aqua CD 121 Toll and you dropped the communication. I'm still agreeable. Jim

Jet Coaster Fan

Reaction score
@ botlguy I still agree to pay for the shipping of your bottles. Can I see pics of your bottles that you want to mail to me for in return for my insulator?

botlguy

Reaction score
I have sent you both a PM and email, thanks for responding. Pictures are on the way. We'll each pay postage on what we send unless it's way unbalanced although it shouldn't be, neither of us are sending multiple items. Jim

botlguy

Reaction score
I have sent you both a PM and email, thanks for responding. Pictures are on the way. We'll each pay postage on what we send unless it's way unbalanced although it shouldn't be, neither of us are sending multiple items. Jim

Jet Coaster Fan

Reaction score
You have any embossed 1800s bottles or early 1900s embossed bottles? I also am looking for any huge embossed water springs bottle and any pontled 1800s embossed bottles.

MuddyMO

Reaction score
Insulators to look out for:To start off, pretty much anything with good color, unusual shapes (you'll know), and anything that piques your interest. Ultimately, you must learn and read and research in order to decide what insulators you wish to collect and keep. My advice is to not spend a whole lot on common insulators as they have no value. The beginnings of my collection, about 50+ commons of various CD's, I'm having a hard time getting rid of. They get placed in odd places and trails around various Missouri cities. I salvage insulators from lost lines and also place them in pedestrian areas to be found. Finding a local line with insulators shouldn't be too hard, and sometimes yields pretty decent finds. Your C&P Tel. Co. is about the only good one of the bunch you listed, it's the Chesapeake and Potomac Telephone Company. They are hard to come by, yet do not command a good value ($5 to $10). I dumped mine because a collector convinced me into thinking it was a Canadian toll. Not too butt hurt about it anymore, as tolls are not my forte. Definitely check out ICON (picture poster gallery), there is a drop down tab with various categories. You may even find something reasonably priced in the for sale section. The NIA has a decent breakdown of the CD classification system, and stupendous examples that'll make ya drool. Good luck

MuddyMO

Reaction score
...oh, and don't forget, there are just as many different porcelain insulator types!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I'd stick away from porcelain insulators. I have little to no luck with them. I sold one for $5, though. Meant to get only $2.50, but he didn't argue (bottle club) as it was on the $5 or less table. (The ones in the blue links apparently rarely even sell at all.) I like the wiring insulators for some reason, though. Not sure that any one really collects them other than me and a few people out in the Insulator World. I won't even buy them-- just dig them.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94