Which insulators should I look out for from now on?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
Spirit Bear said:
I'd stick away from porcelain insulators. I have little to no luck with them. I sold one for $5, though. Meant to get only $2.50, but he didn't argue (bottle club) as it was on the $5 or less table. (The ones in the blue links apparently rarely even sell at all.) I like the wiring insulators for some reason, though. Not sure that any one really collects them other than me and a few people out in the Insulator World. I won't even buy them-- just dig them.
I won't totally disagree with Bear but porcelain insulators can be great collectibles, are often quite inexpensive, overlooked and cheap. Some are very spendy, I've sold two in the past for over $2,000 each. Rarities yes, but others can also be valuable. I had and sold a large collection of porcelain and made good money.

As Mo said, be careful and get an education before spending your money. Buying a $1 for $2 is not fun. Jim

Jet Coaster Fan

Reaction score
I was given a clear Hemengrey 16 today at my job from a coworker. Is that a bit more unusual number?

botlguy

Reaction score
If your spelling of HEMINGRAY is correct: "Hemengrey" that would indeed be HUGE in the hobby. If in fact it reads: HEMINGRAY - 16 then it is VERY common and about worthless as a collectible unless a color other than colorless / clear. (I realize colorless / clear is NOT a color) It is either a CD 121 or CD 122. The CD 121 HEMINGRAY - 16 does come in some nice, desirable colors, the CD 122 in a few. I've re-read this explanation and it seems a little unclear so I hope you can decipher my meaning. Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky