Whiskey Bottle Comes Back to Life

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
A couple years ago my brother was working for a gas company in North Florida. They were digging a trench for a new gas line with a backhoe and stumbled on an old dump site. Late 1800s- Early 1900s. Bottles were popping out with every scoop. Him and the guys he worked with were grabbing them up and throwing in their work trucks. They were not allowed to go exploring other areas so there is no telling how many old bottles are now paved over. Anyway, today he gave me one of the many he got. An old Hayner Whiskey bottle. I know it's not worth much but it's cool. After doing a little searching online I found they closed the business at the start of prohibition. Now almost exactly 100 years later they are reopening and selling the whiskey again. Here's an article(link) about it.

Attachments

• 20210722_210341.jpg
    20210722_210341.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 118

hemihampton

Reaction score
Wow, I wonder what good Killer rare Bottles got left behind, would be nice to re dig that area now. Yes, The Hayners are Common, I've dug a few here in Michigan over the years. Interesting they are making a comeback. Thanks for the info. LEON.

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
My brother had a couple more of the whiskey bottles, a few slick medicine bottles and a Joshua Longfield sauce bottle. He said his foreman on the small backhoe took home most of them. At that time neither one us of were into bottle collecting. We mostly did metal detecting. We went back to the spot and most of it has been made into parking lot. But there is one area in ditch they pulled a few out. It is filled with water so it would be hard to get to them now.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky