Whiskey Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

southfork

Reaction score
Another job site find Jockey Club Whiskey CW Chesley S F . My son has been finding a lot of bottles while classifying soil on a construction site and this was one of them . Apparently this is valuable ? I'm just posting his finds he's not a bottle collector well maybe he is now lol .

Attachments

• P2120270.JPG
    P2120270.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 307
  • P2120271.JPG
    P2120271.JPG
    948 KB · Views: 306
  • P2120272.JPG
    P2120272.JPG
    922 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

sandchip

Reaction score
Fine looking bottle and one helluva find. Personally, I love the whiskeys with the plain, old embossing without all the monograms, pictures and stuff like some of them. They just look older and cruder to me. Wish I had the deep pockets to buy it to go with this one from the other side of the country. As far as I know, it's the only intact example out there. One other known with the neck knocked off.

price.jpg price1.jpg

southfork

Reaction score
So what's this bottle worth have some collectors interested but don't know what price would be fair for cash or trade ?

sandchip

Reaction score
As I stated on another site, I'd let Lou Lambert do any further cleaning before presenting it for sale, but that's just me. Unfortunately, that chip on the base that you mentioned will hurt to some extent depending on its size. When the last example sold and for how much can affect how much yours might bring. I've seen rare bottles go nuts at auction, then another is flushed out by the hot action in the next few months and brings nowhere near as much, because the top bidder on the first is no longer a player, leaving the first and second underbidders who won't drive the price nearly as high. If it's been a few years since the last example sold, collectors would probably be hungry for it. Do your research before making any hasty decisions. Also, guard against the tempation to shop it around for the best price. That practice can irritate collectors sometimes and end up hurting you more than it helps because the word does get around. Best of luck on a great bottle.

treasurekidd

Reaction score
That's one amazing whiskey bottle! Don't know if you've seen this or not, but one sold at auction in 2014 for $4,600. I tried to post a link to the old auction page, but it's not working. Go to the link below and search past auctions.

Last edited:

Huntindog

Reaction score
The way those bottles came out of that sight is amazing.
Great find

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown