whisky jug ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dewfus

"Saving The Past So It Has A Future"
Reaction score
jug.jpg
jug2.jpg

Grippen

Reaction score
Any makers marks anywhere? The crackling in the glazing give it a great look. I want it.

Dewfus

Reaction score
Any makers marks anywhere? The crackling in the glazing give it a great look. I want it.
did some research after i cleaned it and found marking that says mccomb stoneware co on the bottom and found out that they stopped putting mccomb stoneware co on there after 1913 when the plant they were made in burnt down and after that they marked them mccomb pottery co from then on on tell the late 50s so this one in theory is from 1886 to 1913. just sitting in the river waiting for me to find it lol

Drift

Reaction score
did some research after i cleaned it and found marking that says mccomb stoneware co on the bottom and found out that they stopped putting mccomb stoneware co on there after 1913 when the plant they were made in burnt down and after that they marked them mccomb pottery co from then on on tell the late 50s so this one in theory is from 1886 to 1913. just sitting in the river waiting for me to find it lol

Do you mean Macomb, Illinois? They made a lot of pottery. I find pieces in central Illinois all the time.

Drift

Reaction score
No worries!! That's a very cool find. I'm still waiting on my first whole jug. I dug one once but the homeowner claimed it immediately. :mad:

Dewfus

Reaction score
No worries!! That's a very cool find. I'm still waiting on my first whole jug. I dug one once but the homeowner claimed it immediately. :mad:
Dang well that sucks I've found 1000s of broken ones lol wile digging but never a whole one

shotdwn

Reaction score
Macomb Stoneware Co. and Macomb Pottery Co. were two separate stoneware companys in business about the same. They were two of the six potteries that combined to form Western Stoneware Co. This site will give you a little more on this. https://www.westernstoneware.com/history

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu