White House vinegar in citron?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

E

Reaction score
Found a pint White House Vinegar with classic logo this weekend - the rub is that the cruet is tinted light citron or golden. Appears that only the bottle and not the handle is tinted (handle is clear). Never seen this variation I am thinking it is one of the better White House collectables.

I would love to trade it to a White House collector for my kinda stuff but my wife pounced on it as soon as she saw it (she only collects vinegars/milks = all of the cool ones that I dig).

Anybody familiar with this version?

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Mike, This is one of those things that has always baffeled me. The green Whitehouse bottles (I always called the apple green) are not worth as much as you would think. They sell for 35 to 45 bucks. I thought I ahd a gold mine when I dug my first on. It was a gallon and since I had dug piles of clear one i just knew it was valuable. Bumbed me out real good it did.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Do you have a picture?It could have been altered with irradiation.Alot of 1920 + clear glass will turn a funky golden color when zapped.It will fade back to clear in time.

E

Reaction score
I'm sure it wasn't nuked as I dug it this past weekend.

Posting pictures is an ordeal for me (East German surplus computer/Polaroid instamatic camera), I hate to waste the effort and time on a White House cruet. The shading is light and uneven - darker toward the top, fades toward the bottom, odd. About as good as you could hope for in a 1920's dump I suppose, but I don't care for such new stuff.

I would gladly trade it away for a decent pony - was testing the waters to see if any vinegar collectors were tuned in (there are actually many out there). Maybe I'll put pics up after I return from my upcoming Maine trip (anybody got any good dumps in Maine that I can dig... just kidding).

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown