Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Willards Drug store, Lusk Wyoming. And Garland st pharmacy, Bangor, Maine

Aqua eater

Apr 15, 2020
Tons of labels being sold as new old stock on eBay from this fake drug store, I researched into the towns history and found no evidence that it existed in the first place. This came to my attention when I bought a peruna blob with one of the labels on it at an auction. Still did good on it since it’s a nice bottle anyway. I’ll post a pic of the labels I got which j removed from the bottle.

similiar story with the other one.

Attachments

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
The labels look good to me. Discoveries of huge amounts of NOS labels are quite common, and the ones I've seen faked didn't look nearly as good as those. And there's plenty of evidence of the existence of the Garland Street Pharmacy:

and Willard's Drug Store

Aqua eater

Apr 15, 2020
The labels look good to me. Discoveries of huge amounts of NOS labels are quite common, and the ones I've seen faked didn't look nearly as good as those. And there's plenty of evidence of the existence of the Garland Street Pharmacy:

and Willard's Drug Store
crap, i didn't do enough research. i guess someone just decided to add the labels to random bottles. and there must have been a crazy amount of labels left behind then. good research , i only searched the city directories and i must have missed the time frame with my search.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Jun 14, 2014
Locō movērī
The labels are almost certainly genuine, but you can buy them in packs or rolls. I've had many unused packs from drug stores that aren't in directories for my hometown.

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
Yeah adding genuine NOS labels to random bottles is very common. I won't buy labeled drug store bottles unless there's at least a bit of damage or evidence of aging of the label for this reason. You can find original druggist labels on all sorts of bottles where you wouldn't expect them since smaller druggists would reuse any bottle they could get their hands on (I've got a Coke bottle with a genuine label for veterinary medicine) but they'll never be as crisp and fresh-looking as the NOS labels.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkeiser0