William Russell Baltimore Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
I thought everyone mite enjoy a picture of the group of William Russell bottles from my collection. William Russell was first listed as a Root Beer Manufacturer at 22 Light Street in 1847. By 1852 he was listed as a bottler but still at the same 22 Light Street address. He was listed at this address until 1856 when he briefly partnered with Thomas Burt the firm of Russell and Burt were listed as mineral water manufacturers and bottlers of porter, and cider. Interestingly there is a rare pottery bottle marked Russell & Burt that was used during this one year partnership (if you have one I’d like to buy it). By 1857 he was listed By himself again and had moved his business to 4 Water St. Were he was listed until 1861 the last year he was in business. During the 14 years he was in business he used several different bottles for his products.

Russell Bottles In Picture

1 and 4 Grey Salt Glaze impressed WM. RUSSELL. in large letters
3 impressed on blue glaze on yellowware WM. RUSSELL. in small letters
2 brown salt glaze impressed in blue glaze Wm. RUSSELL’s on front R. BEER on back
5 emerald green, iron pontiled, soda shape, rounded tapered lip, embossed Wm. RUSSELL
6 dark yellow green, iron pontil, soda shape, rounded tapered lip, embossed Wm. RUSSELL
8 light teal green, iron pontil, soda shape, rounded tapered lip, embossed Wm. RUSSELL
7 dark emerald green, iron pontil, early larger shape, double tapered lip, embossed Wm. RUSSELL in arch
9 light apple green, smooth base, tapered lip, embossed Wm. RUSSELL – BALT. (peened out KEACH on front shoulder)
10 medium apple green, smooth base, tapered lip, embossed Wm. RUSSELL – BALT. (peened out KEACH on front shoulder)

Chris

Li20856.jpg

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hey Chris ,
Nice ... Very nice .... grouping !
Need any digging partners up your way ?? LOL
You dig some killer ten pins and torps !!!
Thank you for sharing the pics and info ! Brian

redbrass_ca

Reaction score
Simply delightful to see a grouping from all the same company. Have you found all these bottles while digging?

Cheers

Thierry G. Papion

redbrass_ca

Reaction score
BTW your site is a real treat!. It is very well put together and you antique bottles are simply stunning. The shape of your hamilton bottles is quite different from the one's seen in our part of the eastern seaboard. They actually look more like bowling pins.

Cheers

Thierry G. Papion

baltbottles

Reaction score
HI Redbrass_ca,

Well i've dug a few of these bought a few and traded for a few. Now if only i can find a few more [:)]

Chris

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75