winter find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

seniorscuba1

Reaction score
Hi I found this lade one cold Winter's day in North west Arm , we were driving off an old concrete pier . we dive here in the winter time and the late fall because the Northwest arm is so full of pleasure boats and sailboats it's not safe to be underwater I've been near missed a couple of times. We dive it looking for bottles some stuff like this in the winter in the early spring when the boats are all out of the water. I foundI This particular ladle in two pieces I saw the handle it was broken so I left it there . I swam on a little way and found the bowl looking at it it came to me , the handle for it was back there , but finding it again was a little tougher could we root for bottles on the bottom we stick her hands in the silt as the older stuff would be buried, , so the water was really murky where I've been stirring up the bottom I couldn't find it so I put my hand down wearing thick neoprene gloves and after a few minutes o zero viz searching I found it . I believe it's Part I'm set of dishes they look Victorian. A bit of crazy glue and it was intact again the number 28 is on the bottom a little bowl must be a piece number

Attachments

• DSCN0129.JPG
    DSCN0129.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 137

martyfoley

Reaction score
Nice item, nice story! What have you found for bottles? Did you keep any? I always thought it would be fun to scuba dive for bottles at docks, rivers, lakes etc. Would like to see more finds. Thanks for posting, stay safe. :)

seniorscuba1

Reaction score
Nice item, nice story! What have you found for bottles? Did you keep any? I always thought it would be fun to scuba dive for bottles at docks, rivers, lakes etc. Would like to see more finds. Thanks for posting, stay safe. :)
timer he
hi Marty over the 40 years I've been diving I have three or four hundred bottles, I have two posts on this General chat site 1 is dating bottles the other is beer bottles or what, check them out thank you

martyfoley

Reaction score
Yea, I check those articles out. Very interesting. Wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Please post what you find, thanks!

seniorscuba1

Reaction score
Yea, I check those articles out. Very interesting. Wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Please post what you find, thanks!
sure thing thanks I'll post more stuff later

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado