Wm Henderson - Cobalt Ont soda water bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
also saw a bottle from Cobalt in an antique store in southern Ontario a couple years ago , never bought it but was intrigued enough to snap a pic of it

for a bottler called " Victor Sunell " appears to be from the same time period as others , he's also not listed in any Ontario bottle books . and not sure I can find any info of him but he was in cobalt bottling

victorsunnell-cobalt.jpg
victorsunnell-cobalt.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Interesting Pics & Story & Cool Bottles. At first when you said Cobalt I was thinking I'd see some Blue Bottles LOL.

RCO

Reaction score
there is also some embossed and acl bottles from Cobalt but not as many as town had long since peaked by then , so fewer people and only a couple bottlers remained

bought this one a couple years ago as an example as it has some obvious damage but a dominion glass art deco bottle for Cobalt Aerated Water co , they lasted until 1950's , assume its 30's or 40's era

seems to be less common one to find , did see another one at last bottle show and was in better condition

cobaltaerated.JPG
cobaltaerated.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
also a bottler in Cobalt called " Trudel " , some of his bottles say Kirkland lake on them but some are from Cobalt .

I have an embossed bottle that says " trudels beverages " no town names on it , had assumed it was from Kirkland Lake but likely also used in Cobalt

is some acl bottles too ( 7 oz and 30 oz ) , don't have any but have some pics from some that were on ebay once

trudel-kirklandlake1.JPG
trudel-kirklandlake.JPG
cobaltdry7oz.jpg
cobaltdrygingerale.jpg

Mjbottle

Reaction score

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
It's a shame there aren't any cobalt blue bottles from Cobalt!

I've got one of those Macdonald bottles, I assume they must be pretty common because I got it for a fiver at a bottle show a couple years back. I'd like to get one of those ACLs with the mining graphic.

RCO

Reaction score
It's a shame there aren't any cobalt blue bottles from Cobalt!

I've got one of those Macdonald bottles, I assume they must be pretty common because I got it for a fiver at a bottle show a couple years back. I'd like to get one of those ACLs with the mining graphic.

I don't think the acl is that common , I've only since it online before , not even sure if I've seen one in person .

the macdonalds cobalt seem to be common and the diggers from Sudbury have dug a whole lot more of them based on there video's . although there is some colour variations and such , its still a neat bottle

hemihampton

Reaction score
From the Pics I'd like to dig some Privy's in that Town? LEON.

RCO

Reaction score
From the Pics I'd like to dig some Privy's in that Town? LEON.

I'm not sure if there digging privy's there , if you watch there video's on youtube ( found under northern Ontario bottling digging ) it more looks like there digging pits and old dumps in the ground .

not sure if they are from the town itself ( cobalt area ) or further in the bush , like old mines or abandoned farms , either way seem to have found a seemingly endless supply of dumps to dig there

cobalt is also part of the " Canadian shield " so its much more rocky than down south , the town has also suffered not 1 but 2 devastating town wide fires , 1909 and 1977 so not sure if many old buildings are left from the original town

RCO

Reaction score
I also came across a picture of a 30 oz Trudel's beverage bottle that had been posted to ebay by same seller as others a couple years ago .

red and white acl , doesn't say a town so could of been used in Cobalt or Kirkland Lake

trudelsbeverages30oz-cobalt.jpgtrudelsbeverages30oz-cobalt1.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado