Wooden brick mold.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Very nice.
Fire 'em slow in the fire pit. ;)
Put one the barbecue. I will eventually make one this summer with clay. Don't think it is as easy as it seams. I have no place to burn by me. I am an urbanite. I could go upstate to my brother. I want to fire brick bro! Don't know how that will go over. Can't burn down the woods. Lol!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Finally got the all the letters to come out. I have to wait over night to set harder before removal. I am starting a third. You can see some Vaseline on the brick. It is from greasing up the wood mold.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Attachments

• 20210420_075003.jpg
    20210420_075003.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Just letting you know I'm saving the hair balls my cat coughs up. I'll be needing your address... ;)
You have it already. The return address from the brick. I know your joking. My cats a hair machine (and he won't shed for nobody but you!). Sorry about that, now where were we? Oh yeah the cat hair. Although I appreciate the offer I am going to have to decline. It is shedding season and I don't have room for the hair I have.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

J.R. Collector

Nomad Bottle Collector
Reaction score
Is that a tin ceiling. I have done tons of that type of stone tile. I like the rustic chipped edge but it is a hard one to grout. I am so finicky about my grout. It can and has ruined jobs in the past. I did a bathroom 800 square feet of 4x4 hand made tiles. You know the type. Not one square or flat. After grouting it the almond color the contractor said to grout. They made a mistake and it was supposed to be white. 2 guys 2 days to remove and clean up. We had to be careful, special order tile maybe 5 extra. No chips or we would have more of a delay. I could go on forever. Lol
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Copper ceiling squares. Those handmade or natural stone tiles are what everyone wants now thanks to Pintrest. Plus like your saying there is no way to get all the corners to match up perfectly on some of these crazy imported handmade tiles, then inlay a decorative tile. It definitely takes a skilled tile person. Nice 2nd brick! I am not sure if you actually need a big fire to cure clay. Probably just a grill and some coals for low heat, I have never tried but I seen it done on a TV show.

Jimmy Langford

Reaction score
Trebor sounds like a cool name!

I'm kidding Lol

I love the brick and also the old look of it. Great job Robby!

Last edited:

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Copper ceiling squares. Those handmade or natural stone tiles are what everyone wants now thanks to Pintrest. Plus like your saying there is no way to get all the corners to match up perfectly on some of these crazy imported handmade tiles, then inlay a decorative tile. It definitely takes a skilled tile person. Nice 2nd brick! I am not sure if you actually need a big fire to cure clay. Probably just a grill and some coals for low heat, I have never tried but I seen it done on a TV show.
I watched every show on YouTube on brick making and firing that pertained to my region. I have seen some brick from tropical areas and they do things a little different. You need a hot fire. Tribal pottery is fired at 1400 degrees F. Modern pottery is fired at 1800-2400F. Not an easy thing to do without a kiln.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Did this guest bathroom at the beginning of this year. Everyone wants tile everywhere, its the new thing here.

That’s so pretty! Just getting ready to do the last of a big house remodel, the 2 baths. I love the colors of yours!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
You're a creative guy Robert!

How's that Clorox glass projectile knapping project coming? I'm anxious to see the results.
Thanks for reminding me. The weather is getting nice this next week. This weekend I have a wedding. But I will post them asap. I'm not the best, funny that you remembered.
ROBBYBOBBY64 .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi