Woods Finds/Questions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RoseOnTheRocks

Reaction score
Hope everyone is having a great week so far! Instead of my usual coastlines, I've been spending more time in the woods lately. I haven't found anything too exciting, but I love the adventure/scavenging nonetheless!

• Southern Comfort (second from the right). Found two of the ones below with liquid in them... Trash-picking/treasure-hunting, eye of the beholder I guess!
    IMG_2471.jpeg
  • I thought this bottle had dirt covering the inside, but upon further inspection it turned out to be an ant tomb... But I'm guessing these bottles are ones you can buy cheaply today in bulk for projects and whatnot? I'm hoping I didn't ruin someone's moonshine experiment, especially since I found these two flasks behind a high school *oops*
IMG_2478 (1).jpeg
IMG_2479.jpeg

I'm trying to understand why this jar is missing an oval piece. I didn't find any other pieces in/on the ground... My first thought was that someone used this as a bird feeder, but I could be way off base. Does anyone have any ideas?
IMG_2476.jpeg

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Rose,

You'll be finding many glass objects in small pieces in the future. (Tred lightly + make sure none puncture your footgear.) Most are too far gone, common examples, and won't be worth much of your time. However, I'll admit your last pic is a bit curious. Might be a drill casualty that cracked and was junked. (Drilling glass is hard unless you have a special bit.) Let me end with this.--In the navy there's an expression-"There's no such thing as a bad hole." This one could be the exception. :)

FreeRangeAsparagus

Reaction score
Hope everyone is having a great week so far! Instead of my usual coastlines, I've been spending more time in the woods lately. I haven't found anything too exciting, but I love the adventure/scavenging nonetheless!

• Southern Comfort (second from the right). Found two of the ones below with liquid in them... Trash-picking/treasure-hunting, eye of the beholder I guess!View attachment 238265
  • I thought this bottle had dirt covering the inside, but upon further inspection it turned out to be an ant tomb... But I'm guessing these bottles are ones you can buy cheaply today in bulk for projects and whatnot? I'm hoping I didn't ruin someone's moonshine experiment, especially since I found these two flasks behind a high school *oops*
View attachment 238266View attachment 238267
I'm trying to understand why this jar is missing an oval piece. I didn't find any other pieces in/on the ground... My first thought was that someone used this as a bird feeder, but I could be way off base. Does anyone have any ideas?
View attachment 238276
Your mystery hole is oddly symmetrical, but I sometimes also find bottles or jars with a piece popped out and the piece is nowhere to be found. I've always just assumed it bounced against a rock and cracked weird.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky