Working on a state embossed druggist collection !

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MichaelFla

Reaction score
I collect any Florida pharmacy bottles and northeast Florida soda bottles, mostly Jacksonville area, but anything east of the Suwannee River and north of Sanford. Unfortunately I only have a few extra Florida bottles and they are chipped up. I will try to find one with the least damage and send it to you free. So far I have found a couple Kentucky, a Maine, New Hampshire, Maryland, and a Massachusetts, as well as Indiana and Alabama, but you don't need those. I'm still looking. There should be more somewhere around here. I'm cleaning a couple of them up so I can take some pics.

goodman1966

Reaction score
Two new additions, thanks to westKYdigger and sandchip. Thank you both ! Amber Taylor & Myers St. Paul Minn. And Mallory H. Taylor Macon Ga.
[attachment=image.jpg]

Attachments

• e64108c00a7d44e99e244a212a98b423.jpg
    e64108c00a7d44e99e244a212a98b423.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 169

stephengray

Reaction score
Mitch, I may have a few you might need. I have Washington, Colorado, Oklahoma, Maine, Ohio, Illinois, Nevada, Massachusetts, maybe a South Dakota, North Dakota, maybe a Indiana, Idaho..... That may be it as extras for me. I just went to a bottle show and sold quite a few druggists there. I never even thought about a 50 state collection until I read your post. As you may remember from my thread, I collect picture druggists from all over. I would trade for picture druggists, picture hutches, colored druggists, western bottles, just about anything that takes my fancy. Stephen

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've always wanted to do that for Canada, but jeez it's hard because of the Arctic territories. I don't know if a druggist even exists from the Northwest Territories, though they have a hutch so I assume one must. I sure don't want to pay the price that must come with it though.Also, sorry to break it to you but your Canadian druggist isn't a druggist at all, it's a patent medicine. Fellow's Syrup of Hydrophosphates was distributed across North America in those bottles, but nothing else was and they only came in one size. I'm sure you could get a real Canadian druggist really easily though, especially one from Toronto since the market was flooded with Toronto bottles a couple years ago.

goodman1966

Reaction score
Thanks Stephen, I'll see what I can come up with and let you know !
Well some Canadian, it's the closest I can get right now, and my only bottle from Canada. I actually have a druggist with Toronto & Detroit on it. So I have one but will work on other countries once I get all the states. Mitch

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
CanadianBottles said:
Also, sorry to break it to you but your Canadian druggist isn't a druggist at all, it's a patent medicine. Fellow's Syrup of Hydrophosphates was distributed across North America in those bottles,
and maybe beyond. I think the Mars rover dug one up.[:D]I've been itching to say that, thanks be being the one to break the ice.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac