Would you open it?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
San Francisco to Bellingham, Washington —a distance of 813.8 miles — on a boat called the Steamer Rainier. Willard had thrown the bottle after 76 hours at sea.
It must have been tossed about when it got there. That was a fairly short trip in 1906.

Currently, the oldest documented message in a bottle spent 97 years and 309 days at sea
I know, different ship but I'd guess from the condition this was landlocked after a high tide and storm, it just only recently got found or washed out. Still, it's quite remarkable.
The bottle doesn't look like anything all that special but I would like to see the monogram on the top and if it's embossed anywhere.

Also yes, I'd open it and have it authenticated.

luckiest

Reaction score
The moment you open it it's just an old note and an old bottle, I would enjoy it unread, it's not as though the guy is in an emergency situation.

glass man

Reaction score
The bottle ain't a big money ticket and as sated it ain't got to be busted to get the note out..do it.

I read a story once of a bottle that was a unembossed whiskey bout the same age as this bottle..was dug in a privy..sadly it was a suicide note on the back of a note stating house being taken for back taxes !![&o] JAMIE

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: glass man

The bottle ain't a big money ticket and as sated it ain't got to be busted to get the note out..do it.

I read a story once of a bottle that was a unembossed whiskey bout the same age as this bottle..was dug in a privy..sadly it was a suicide note on the back of a note stating house being taken for back taxes !![&o] JAMIE

Yeah I agree with the big money thing, so just open it. And about the privy bottle, that is very interesting.

bottlehunt!

Reaction score
I found one and it opened in my pocket, so I did not have to make the decision.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1