Wow! I actually found an un-dug dump!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

houseman

Reaction score
I don't have much time to be on here posting, and even LESS time to get out digging, but last Saturday my schedule actually opened up enough to allow a couple hours of scouting and scratching. I was out looking for about an hour when I spotted some shards and a couple clam shells. I looked around a bit and realized I was standing on the side of a hill with broken glass all around the base of the hill! I didn't have a lot of time so I just got out my shovel and dug in at the top. About a foot down I hit undug ash and started scratching. I found lots of rusty cans and unembossed jars. It looks like I'm in a 40's-50's area. I managed to pull out a Fairyland Farms quart milk bottle and a Hornberger's Sparkling Beverages soda bottle from Lehighton. Both are ACL and in bad shape. I only had about an hour to dig so I hope to get back there soon to look for an older part of the dump. It looks like it's about 30 yards long and 10 yards wide. I found a couple broken embossed sodas and part of another milk bottle at the other end of the dump before I left. I hope someone was dumping there in the 20's and 30's because I am a local milk FANATIC!

Bottles r LEET

Reaction score
I know how you feel, every dump I seem to find are newer or dug. There were definitely a few diggers before me in this area, I think.

THE BADGER

Reaction score
WHATS UP HOUSEMAN,HOPE YOU FIND SOME GOOD STUFF IN THERE.I WAS UP YOUR WAY A FEW WEEKS AGO DIGGIN A DUMP AND FOUND A FEW GOOD ONES MYSELF BUT THE AGE WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE.I'D FIND A BLOB THEN A MILK AND A DECO THEN A PONTILED MARBLE.DID FIND SOME SODA'S FROM PALMERTON SAID PALM AND COCA COLA BOTTLING WORKS,PALMERTON,PA. SAW SOME MILKS TOO I DO REMEMBER ONE SAID COALDALE,PA, BUT DONT REMEMBER THE DAIRY BUT IT WAS BROKEN.THE BLOB WAS FROM SCRANTON.I HAVE 2 DUMPS JUST DOWN THE ROAD THAT ARE OLDER SO HAVENT GONE BACK YET.GOOD LUCK MAN. BADGER

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Sounds good! I'd dig it! I'm digging in a partially dug dump myself. Everything is under 6-7 feet of soil, so it's hard digging... That's why it hasn't been completely dug... [8D]

VTdigger

Reaction score
I know how ya feel Bottles R left, it was like that for me for a long time, but keep looking eventully you'll find an un-dug dump, when you do it's exciting when bottles are popping out of the dirt left and right and you go home with a full load of keepers it will be worth all of the searching .

kastoo

Reaction score
There are millions of people dumping in the world....not every dump has been found...and likely every dump will not be found....

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp