Wow this place is dead lately

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I'll be honest,it is not the same feel to me as the ole blue pages. It's just hitting me now. Just keepin it real.

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hi Rick, I have to agree with you 100% When I joined ABN , There was always a new post to view or comment on! Now the 2 word game seems to be the only thing keeping the new posts alive. I really enjoy spending my free time reading posts in here, I don't enjoy sitting here for hours and seeing one or two new posts! There are so many great people in here that have helped me and others in bottle collecting and tumbling that I can't thank enough. I wish it was like it used to be also Rick. Merry Christmas . Kevin..

Bottleworm

Reaction score
I think that is spot on. When I joined over a year ago there would be 50 or so members on at one time and there were always new posts. Not trying to sound like a downer but I don't spend much time on here as I used to. Also I have noticed that since this new look came I have seen quite a few members not visit here as often as they used to. Just saying...

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Do you have any ideas on bringing this forum back to life? Maybe if we put it out there people will understand what we are trying to say! This forum owes me nothing, As I have learned so much about bottles in a short time as a new collector. But you have new members joining every day that count on great people giving advise to them in hopes they will become a supporter member. If we cannot answer there questions they will go elsewhere to obtain there information. I always see the same handful of members carrying the weight of the forum. This is my opinion only!!

Bottleworm

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of 1 time posters here and then disappear. I don't think you can stop that. You are right the same members constantly taking the forums weight. This place is great but at times like you said is dull. Then again you have got to think that right now is the holidays people don't have much time to write a post or upload a picture. I have learned a lot and have met some great people and have obtained some great bottles here from fellow members. Just an opinion on this place. Don't get me wrong I love this place.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I will try and post occasionally things going on in my personal life have gotten somewhat better.

epackage

Reaction score
Been replying to posts but haven't added anything new to post myself...

FitSandTic

Reaction score
I will be honest, Rick said what I have been thinking for a month or so. I am not a long time member so I did not want to mention it. I love the honesty on this forum!

epgorge

Reaction score
Well, I am back and will make it a point to stop in on a regular basis. I too, miss the ole blue days. Though this sight is much more professional. People don't like change, especially older folk. Hell, this even corrects your spelling on occasion. I wonder if the new pages add to the downfall in contributors. Or, we could just be dying off, I suppose. That is why I left, I was having some health problems and concentrating on recovering. I too miss this old contributors. Then again, I haven't been here enough to see if they are still here.There were also some thefts and people were wondering about the wisdom in placing your antiquities out for the world to see them.I have noticed that reproductions, especially of some higher end glass has surfaced more. I also noticed now, that the dream jars have been around long enough, that, they are calling them vintage, which I suppose they are now. Usually, the base is the give away. The color too, in many instances. Is this still being run by Roger or has this too been sold to special interests. I learned much from being here, but you can't underestimate the power of buying the books. Is Cappy still here? Cindy? I know Bearswede has passed away. I suppose some others have too.Joel

glass man

Reaction score
I still get here from time to time..Nina and I have been going through some changes..like te forum has..takes getting used to..the things I miss most is the BLUE!!! Sure don't want this place to die out...so many on here have been such wonderful people!! Plus the knowledge on here is unbeatable any where else I know of or in any book!!!LOVE YOU ALL! JAMIE

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown