Wow this place is dead lately

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epgorge

Reaction score
Not dead! I came back and figured it out so most anyone should be able. People are animals and have a pecking order and this is no different if it is high school, basic training or this forum. That is to be expected so I don't think that is it. Life is changing for everyone around the globe as we speak. I can't dig anymore which is frustrating to say the least. I have to buy everything but then again my tastes have grown to where I want the more expensive colors or pontils. It was very progressive, or digressive I suppose, if you wish to look at it that way. I had only one person ever be insulting to me here and he is dead now so I can't speak badly of him nor would I. With knowledge comes great responsibility and sometimes that can go to ones head. I too have much to thank for this forum and those few people who contribute much knowledge. But the knowledge doesn't come without the questions. This forum is forever and the data it produces, collects and shares will, indeed, be cherished by future generations. Happy Holidays and may God Bless us all, everyone. Joel

lil digger

Reaction score
In my opinion it went dead right after the sight changed......it went from the old blue forum to this. Ever since this new upgrade...its just...dead

epgorge

Reaction score
Mike,There is a poison guy from upstate NY. His name is Jim Morrison (the live one). He has an amazing poison collection and is very well versed in poison bottle knowledge. I have quite a few poisions, as I collected them for a while (I seem to go in phases) and some of them are his, as I use to buy and trade with him. I will post them in the next few days after I get my camera back. He also has a great web site out there. http://www.freewebs.com/poisonbottleman/resources.htmJoel

PoisonBottleGuy

Reaction score
epgorge said:
Mike,There is a poison guy from upstate NY. His name is Jim Morrison (the live one). He has an amazing poison collection and is very well versed in poison bottle knowledge. I have quite a few poisions, as I collected them for a while (I seem to go in phases) and some of them are his, as I use to buy and trade with him. I will post them in the next few days after I get my camera back. He also has a great web site out there. http://www.freewebs.com/poisonbottleman/resources.htmJoel
Thank you Joel! I look forward to seeing some pictures [:D]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
epgorge said:
I know Jim. He is another guy that I haven't seen on here in a while.Thanks for reminding me I will have to give him a ring.

goodman1966

Reaction score
Well I love this site! That being said I used to post a lot and will again. But I can't do it from my iPhone. And I think that is part of the problem. A lot of the " younger " members use smart phones to post. I would post more if I could use my I phone. I have added a lot to my collection lately. I know I can put them in an album and ask someone to post them for me, but to do that every time I want to post makes me feel need your pushy. And I don't want to come off that way. Anyway , Roger any time frame on an update so us smart phone users can put pictures directly in post? Thanks to all you guys for all the great info and help!!!!!!!!! Mitch

surfaceone

Reaction score
goodman1966 said:
Well I love this site! That being said I used to post a lot and will again. But I can't do it from my iPhone. And I think that is part of the problem. A lot of the " younger " members use smart phones to post. I would post more if I could use my I phone...Mitch

I think Mitch brings up a great point. I've got a dumb phone & that's just fine by me. I do notice many postings on various sites where it appears that people are using their thumbs and very tiny keyboards via "tapatalk" and other such vehicles. Sometimes the typing is manna from Mrs. Malaprop, and quite delightful. I haven't the foggiest as to what it would take to make the Blue Pages smart phone friendly, but am in favor of contributions from folks with eyestrain. [8D] Happy Christmas to all.
nast-christmas-morning-furlough-1863.jpg

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Its not the the color of the back ground......it is the clientele if you ask me. I am not going to get into a list of names, that isnt necessary. I left because of a non-inclusion attitude that was rampant here. There was a "clique" if you were in....great......if not...you were an outsider. Problem with that mentality is that the only ones that will be left are the "clique" people. Where is all the movers and shakers of the hobby? Why are they not here? Why? Where are all the top diggers? I am not one of those people but I left because of the reasons I stated. I guess I am an outsider. I offered to help with the Christmas exchange and was basically ignored. This after the organizer asked for help. Maybe its me? I was told....Dont like it.....dont come here. So I stay out. So with that I will go craw back under my rock. Merry Christmas! P.S. Funny how the most responses in a thread, on this site is about why we are unhappy with the site. Sure says a lot.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I love this site. It's a little different now, but I think it is probably better for it's long term survival that it is not a dinosaur. I disagree a little with privycheese above. I think some people can't get along sure, but I generally I see a lot of good people who give honest advice (not cliques). One thing for me that is missing a bit is Charlie - Cyberdigger. Haven't seen him much and he can be the life of any party. But everybody gets busy once in awhile. Things will pick up when there is more digging, more hunting and more adventure next year.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky