Wow this place is dead lately

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bostaurus

Reaction score
I am guilty of falling off the pages. It was part of my daily routine but then things get busy, routines change, and you just forget to check. I also think that the growing number of Facebook groups that focus on specific areas has probably cut into the computer time folks have. The 'drama' has been a factor sometimes for me. All in all a nice bunch of folks on here. On the other hand, the nice thing about this site is that you can share non-bottle related conversations, etc. Most of the Facebook groups do stay on subject and you would not want to be posting the picture of your dog, your kid's graduation, etc That is a big plus on this site.Maybe it is time to get some posts together...

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!!! It has been crazy here in Alabama over the last couple of weeks! I am sure you have heard about it! We were absolutely shut down for a couple of days! The ground turned into ice and we are not able to cope with weather like that. There were people stuck in their cars for 18 plus hours with children, the elderly who couldn't walk, and people who needed to get home to take meds. It was amazing seeing all of the help that people were willing to give! Such a blessing. Then you have people like the mayor of a local town, who after telling people to abandon their cars, that it was unsafe to drive, had their cars towed at their expense...... I just wanted to drop in and say I really enjoy this forum and have learned so much! I just have SO much going on I don't have time to do a lot of what I want to! Just keep it up guys! People will come back around! :)

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well all of you, I find the time every day to check out what people are looking for and trying to provide help where I can. I think it is great and today I just ran into the homepage set up from David Whitton. I was very impressed..and I don't know why I haven't seen it before. I think we have a common interest and our paths didn't connect before. That happens sometimes. I miss seeing Steve Atkinson's great postings as often as we used to. It is still good for three hours a day. RED Matthews

madpaddla

Reaction score
Like Rick, I also frequent this site less since the change from the blue pages. I now view more on my phone than the cpu and the site it a bit more difficult on the phone. I miss it, as I would view the site multiple times a day, for years. It had a real homey feeling. Here's to you Lobey, Bears, Capsoda and Maine digger. Hope this new site provides to everyone as much as the old one did for me. Thanks for the knowledge and friendships. Gonna miss that Supporter tag. Ben

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Just wanted to post this, I posted this a long time ago. Posting it again for posterity sake. "mods if you see fit to kill my thread....have at it....just will reinforce my feelings. My discussion involves antique bottles and this site. Nothing political.....no religion....no gun control.

I have been visiting this site for sometime now, I cant but help but see the continual decline in the quality of post and posters. Once upon a time this site was chock full of quality information with some of the top collectors in our field of collecting. Not the case now. Where are the top collectors? Why dont they come here? Where are all the diggers? Trust me when I say that they are still out there digging. No this site has turned into a "clique"...if you dont agree with or fit in....your not welcome. No longer do we come together for the betterment of the hobby. Very few threads exist without it devolving into a mud slinging contest. Its just not fun anymore. I see the number of threads and post diminishing daily. Is this place dieing a slow death? Its a real shame if you ask me......Who do I blame? Plenty of blame to go around. Because I have been involved with bottles for 40 years I will continue to visit these foam green pages....but will continue to post less and less.....just not worth it anymore" Since nobody reads this stuff anymore but the mods I can say who I really blame.....its the mods. You know who I am talking about. You ran everybody off. I am on a few other forums and the mods hardly ever interject themselves in to the Frey. You were never even handed and alienated many. So now you get to moderate a forum where hardly anyone visits. Nice job! There was a time when someone would have paid a nice sum for this site....now you couldnt give it away.

logueb

Reaction score
WOW !!!!! I don't get on here for a while, and it's totaly different here now. Trying to find my way around on here. Haven't had time to do any digging lately, but hope that changes. Retirement has been a busy time. Just saying hi to all the old posters, and hello to all the new posters. Buster

myersdiggers1998

Reaction score
Its been along winter here in upstate n.y. with 4 ft. of snow on the ground still and average morning temps. around zero , im not posting much yet. And im guilty of the facebook sites too.But to be honest I would rather post my finds on here than any other sites.

splante

Reaction score
Iam guilty of not being on as much , I do check in every few days but might not post as much as I use to. I believe this is my 4th year and I think the winter months always bring a lul in activity it should pick up april and may. Always love and support this site, great people and info.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora