Wow where did all the time go and something new!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
First off to anyone I offended in the last two weeks in the Boston Marathon terrorists posting It was never intended to hurt or coin anyone's thoughts different then my own. The political and the religious posts always get out of hand and probably shouldn't be discussed here at this forum which Roger envisioned to be the best antique bottle forum on the internet. So Eric and Jim I am sorry if I offended either of you last week. I also have been as guilty as most when it came to pushing the fun envelope a little to far. Good Ball breaking amongst friends is one thing but to expect everyone to agree with or see your side of humor or seriousness on any subject matter is about impossible.

For the most part I have always tried to share my own thoughts gained collecting early American glass with all of you mostly for the love of the hobby and the fact my wife has very little interest in this hobby so I cant share it with her. I think most of us have seen what we desire change over time as our collections become more mature and at the same time stale as we are always seeking better examples and trying to find that one ultra rare bottle. That little section towards the bottom of this web site on the main page (Historic Glass Bottle Information) I have tried to call my own hoping some other collectors might join in with similar enthusiasm an add their personal collections of glass and thoughts and knowledge learned also to this section. It has never happened and sadly for me never will. It has been suggested to me many times before to start my own blog or web site which would better suit what I am trying to achieve, a web site loaded with pictures and information seen immediately as you enter the first page of the site.

With that said however I am grateful for the friendships developed here at this forum from all of the great members that contribute here. sicric[8D],epackage,cyberdigger,surfaceone,redmatthews,roaddog,Cowseatmaize,sandchip,Bostauras,myersdiggers,botlguy,ect ect and the ability to post here at this forum has helped me to join other similar ones and this alone has helped me to have acquired glass I never would have never imagined would have graced my collection six years ago when I started out here after becoming reacquainted with my own glass collection which had been boxed up in my parents attic. I have talked, shared thoughts and theorys,and argued first hand with the best early glass collectors America has to offer. Gary Katzen,Jeff Noordsy,Mike George,Red Matthews, Chris Rowell, Matt Knapp.Rory Martin,Melinda,Jim Sandchip and how can I forget Surfaceone!! and others I know that I have missed mention here. I have also watched epackage Jim collect with unbridled passion the largest Paterson New Jersey collection probably of everything imaginable!! 6 years and change WOW time has certainly flown by hasn't it!! For those not familiar with Gary Katzens milk glass collection it is OUTSTANDING and it is an amazing collection to see it first hand. With Gary's permission I hope to post a lot of his collection on my web site... I tell you it is a world class collection probably the largest of its kind. Some of you, actually very few of you[8D] may have noticed a lack of bottles and glass from my collection being posted of late. There is a reason, No time to anymore for a few factors. My Dad was recently diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer which has stunned me, as he has always been fit and much younger in mind and spirit when compared to most of his counterparts. He has a long battle ahead of him, but his prognosis is good as his PET scan has shown no spreading of the disease to other areas of his body. My own kids I have watched grow up and out of the house to College and Ice Hockey in far away places. I am not getting any younger and my collection needs to be cataloged properly for when I go, I don't want my kids calling any old Joe auctioneer and having the collection given away at a bargain rate to shrewd buyers....like yourselves!![8D]

So with all of that said here is what I have been up to of late.... It is still raw as I am figuring it all out and making constant changes to it. The positives are total control,unlimited bandwidth,unlimited pages, the pictures are awesome at 4.5 megs!!... The negatives although few are still there......... It is a lot of work to input the information to the site and test it and change it as you go. The page lay out I am still in the process of figuring out a final look, but if you leaf through the site you may see some familiar pictures I have posted at this forum along with newer ones I know you have never seen before So my time here at this forum will be quite limited as I will NOT be adding to the section at the bottom any longer. I am interested in all of you that collect early pontiled American and English glass,that also have great pictures and information to go along with it and would be willing to share it on my site. I wont be adding memberships like this forum does but I do have the ability to have a blog which would give any of you interested in it a user name and a place to upload your own pictures to it. I may go full tilt with that in the future but for now I need to start to catalog my own collection along with creating a site which will easily navigate with simple labeled Link Buttons on the first pages.. Well here it is my own domain name and site in its infancy.

http://historical-american-glass.com/index.html

It is early and I am struggling to make the site coherent. I really hope all of you with early glass collections who would be willing to share them on this site will come forward and contact me either here at this forum or info@historical-american-glass.com . I would love to add your pictures of your personal collections.

In using my site now mousing over the title menus gives you drop down links in which some are live and most have content. Again I am learning and fine tuning so be patient if any of this interests you. I am trying to include all areas of early glass in this country. Right now I am concentrating on the early Eastern Glass houses with plans to expand to the middle of the country and eventually to the West coast. Again thanks I have learned a lot here but it is time to devote all of my energy to my new site. I do enjoy helping others looking for information in my strong suits so you can continue to contact me as you feel is necessary. Thanks everyone God bless all of you Take care Steve....oh and tell me what you think I am open to many suggestions..

epackage

Reaction score
Page is added to my 'Favorites' Steve...CONGRATS, it's long overdue!

Thanks for the kind words, you're right time sure does fly. All my best to your dad and the family as you deal with these tough times...[:-]

I look forward to reading what you have to say and seeing the great pics you'll no doubt thrill us bottle lovers with, I know the glass history writeups will be epic as they always are, and a great resource to the bottle collecting world on the internet for the rest of time all in one place. Good Luck... Jim[;)]

epackage

Reaction score
Make sure to save time by copying and pasting your great writeups on the glasshouses from here on ABN so you don't have to retype them all!!![8D]

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Hope you're father gets better. That was the same thing with my Grandma she was so kind and energetic and at 82 she was doing fine and I talked to her one day and then the next she wes gone just like that. It really makes you think about the time you spend with them and the time you do spend with them needs to be precious. Nobody lives forever and that is the sad truth. I am really hoping your father gets better. I don't know if I could do anything if anything ever happened to mine. I don't want that to happen to anyone else. Your father is in our prayers.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Hope your father gets better Steve! I have bookmarked your new site and will look at it soon. No need to worry about hurt feelings here or with most of us here, I think most members here know that things get a little heated, and I for one hold no grudges except maybe with a guy who does the Owl Blog.......Andy

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
First, best wishes for your father and your whole family. My father is rapidly developing a form of dementia but is quite fit otherwise. We are worried he could go out and not remember his way home but so far it's not that bad.

As for "offending" me, it will never happen. You and others tick me off sometimes but so does my family which I consider you all a part of. That just happens.
I look at this site as a place everyone can come and visit. Sometimes I just think it gets to the point where certain things should just be kept to oneself rather than possibly chasing others away.

As to your site, nice job! I don't know if you remember the double eagle with the half leaf but your welcome to use it. If I can't get better pictures I may be able to work out sending it to you for you to photograph, your much better at that and have a much better camera. There's only so much I can do with a 10 yo 2.1MP Fuji.[:D]

Jim mentioned some copy paste work but I'm wondering if you saved any of that as a .doc of something. I know Red was interested in saving some of those posts too.

Anyway, best of luck with it, Eric

sandchip

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Steve/sewell

...and the fact my wife has very little interest in this hobby so I cant share it with her...

I heard that, brother!

I think you may have gone a bit overboard though to include me with those that I consider stellar glassheads. Your new site: more bottle pix = a happy me!

I will be praying for you and your Dad.

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new site!!! I love looking at all of the photos! I hope your dad gets better!

I have probably offended a few/over stepped my boundaries with out meaning to as well. I apologize as well if I have offended/ticked anyone off.

I should probably just keep my mouth closed, esp. during time for finals when I don't have a lot of time except to throw a comment in every now and then. People may take it the wrong way. [8|]

Anyway, again, congrats! I have your new site bookmarked! Its great!

ajohn

Reaction score
Steve, when it's all said and done and I'm face to face with the Big Guy,I would rather have to pay for saying too much than not enough. pushing the envelope is how we find new ways to get from point A to to point B. My prayers go out for your father and the rest of your family, and I for one appreciate your work in this hobby (passion). God bless you

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac