WOW !!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Heckler Auctions Settting New World Antique Bottle Auction Record!
[align=center] **Our earlier email was a bit premature, as the flask is currently still in callback status. Stay tuned in, we'll keep you updated!**
[/align]

[/align][align=center]A New World's record for the highest selling bottle at auction is being set in the Norm Heckler auction today, April 1, 2010. The bottle is referred to as the "firecracker flask" because of the names of John Adams and Thomas Jefferson embossed on the medial ridge of the flask along with the date of 1776. Adams and Jefferson both died on the 4th [/align]of July 1826. This flask is in commemoration of that event. Most importantly, this example is one of the few known in the color blue. At last check-in, the current bid was holding at $76,000, which along with the 17% buyers premium comes to a tidy $88,920.

[/align][align=center]The bottle is listed thusly; Lot 61 "General Washington" and Bust - "T.W. D." and Eagle Portrait Flask, Kensington Glass Works, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 1820-1840. Brilliant deep sapphire blue, inward rolled mouth - pontil scar, pint. GI-14 Exceptional color in this "firecracker" flask. Strong impression and extremely rare color. A great bottle in every way. Ex William Pollard collection, Warren C. Lane, Jr. collection. [/align]
[/align][align=center]Other great bottles were included in the sale and once again it points out the amazing interest in rare and desirable antique bottles hitting the auction block. Heckler Auctions is located out of Woodstock, Connecticut and the auction catalog can be viewed at http://www.hecklerauction.com/Auction89/olcatalog/db_paging.asp[/align]
[/align][align=center]The new record will beat the old record set by American Bottle Auctions for the sale of a Bryant's cone shaped Bitters. That bottle came to $68,750, a record in 1999. [/align]

[/align]

morbious_fod

Reaction score
The original email which Whiskyman sent me had this little fact's date wrong "Adams and Jefferson both died on the 4th of July 1826." It actually said they both died on July 4th 1773. I about laughed my butt off. They died three years before drafting and signing the Declaration of Independence. smirk.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
[align=center]Heckler Auctions Smashes New World Antique Bottle Auction Record![/align]
[align=center]A New World's record for the highest selling bottle at auction was set in the Norm Heckler auction yesterday, April 1, 2010. The bottle is referred to as the "firecracker flask" because of the names of John Adams and Thomas Jefferson embossed on the medial ridge of the flask along with the date of 1776. Adams and Jefferson both died on the 4th of July 1826, exactly fifty years after the signing of the Declaration. And that's why they also call this the "Fifty Year Flask." This flask is in commemoration of that event. Most importantly, this example is one of the few known in the color blue. The hammer came down at $86,000, which along with the 17% buyers premium comes to a tidy $100,620.[/align]
1D55339C724D465984BF70B35018D536.jpg

[/align]The bottle is listed thusly; Lot 61 "General Washington" and Bust - "T.W. D." and Eagle Portrait Flask, Kensington Glass Works, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 1820-1840. Brilliant deep sapphire blue, inward rolled mouth - pontil scar, pint. GI-14 Exceptional color in this "firecracker" flask. Strong impression and extremely rare color. A great bottle in every way. Ex William Pollard collection, Warren C. Lane, Jr. collection.

[/align][align=center]Other great bottles were included in the sale and once again it points out the amazing interest in rare and desirable antique bottles hitting the auction block. Heckler Auctions is located out of Woodstock, Connecticut and the auction catalog can be viewed at http://www.hecklerauction.com/Auction89/olcatalog/db_paging.asp[/align]
[/align][align=center]The new record beats the old record set by American Bottle Auctions for the sale of a Bryant's cone shaped Bitters. That bottle came to $68,750, a record in 1999. [/align]

American Bottle Auctions | 2523 J. Street | Suite 203 | Sacramento | CA | 95816
[/align][/align]

Attachments

• 1D55339C724D465984BF70B35018D536.jpg
    1D55339C724D465984BF70B35018D536.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 74

kungfufighter

Reaction score
No joke at all. Bottle finished at just North of 100K.

kungfufighter

Reaction score
I know it's bad form to gloat but my guess was awfully close[;)]

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-293778/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#293795

beendiggin

Reaction score
That auction was packed with great bottles. By the way, it's good to gloat. Plus gloat is a fun word to say. GLOAT

kungfufighter

Reaction score
"Gloat" is good but I prefer "turtles." I like turtles[:D]

GII-8 closed at $55K plus the premium.

Awfully happy for Norm and Norm Jr. They work very hard.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Good call Jeff. I had thought one of the early Connecticut flasks Norm offered a couple years ago would set a new mark. I am glad we don't have to constantly read and hear of the old record anymore. I don't collect flasks but believe the goods ones should command more than other glass based on their history alone.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp