WTB - Old Sachems Wigwam tonic barrel

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ohiosulator

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im looking for a damaged Old Sachems Wigwam tonic barrel bitters bottle,

hopefully I can locate one here

Please let me know!

Cody

georgeoj

Reaction score
I noticed that REPLACED top. They give a 9.5 grade to a BROKEN and REPAIRED bottle??? Why not just make a new one and call it 10.0. Of course, some people are doing just that.

botlguy

Reaction score
Here's the entire text of the listing. Read one way the wording is fine, read another way and it's misleading to say the least. At least he's telling about the replacement. Current bid is $550

"OLD SACHEM’S BITTERS AND WIGWAM TONIC. O-46 Here’s a bottle we sold quite a while back for a lot of wampum. At the time, so many people had looked at this we had absolutely no clue that there might be something wrong with it. Even after the new owner had it on his shelf, it was at least a week before he called with news that the top had been replaced. Needless to say, we were astounded. As dramatic as a new top can affect the value, it is a beautiful example and probably one of only a few in this color, which we would say is green with a touch of blue. At any rate, the bottle would grade about a 9.5 with a bit of wear and a scratch here and there. Needless to say, it displays beautifully. " American Bottle auctions # 58 - Lot #137

Ohiosulator

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I ordered one of the fakes so the reason im wanting a damaged one is to compare. Since I'm a flask guy i don't wanna spend big bucks on a mint one since it will just sit on a shelf.

Thanks again all!

Cody

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown