WTS Bunch of post-1900 bottles, etc.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TheGreenMan

Reaction score
I posted about these here: https://www.antique-bottles.net/threads/anything-interesting-in-this-pile.692968/

The wife, and I, have decided I need the room in the garage. So I'm putting these up for sale. I'm pretty sure that there are bottles in the piles that did not get pictured. There doesn't seem to be anything rare in the pile, though the Schlitz sign part is neat.

I'm not really sure on values so let's start at $50 for the whole pile.
See the post linked to above for more pictures.
Local pick up only in Cincinnati as there is a lot here (unless the price is right on individual bottles).

Will trade for WWII and earlier militaria and similar stuff.

A few pictures:
20200827_211918.jpg
20200827_212017.jpg
20200827_212133.jpg

Nickneff

Reaction score
I posted about these here: https://www.antique-bottles.net/threads/anything-interesting-in-this-pile.692968/

The wife, and I, have decided I need the room in the garage. So I'm putting these up for sale. I'm pretty sure that there are bottles in the piles that did not get pictured. There doesn't seem to be anything rare in the pile, though the Schlitz sign part is neat.

I'm not really sure on values so let's start at $50 for the whole pile.
See the post linked to above for more pictures.
Local pick up only in Cincinnati as there is a lot here (unless the price is right on individual bottles).

Will trade for WWII and earlier militaria and similar stuff.

A few pictures:
View attachment 217113
View attachment 217114
View attachment 217115
Looks like a lot of stuff from the 60 Maybe fifties all machine made stuff it looks like. let me give you guys a pointer if you ever find silk screen on a bottle like the first roll of bottles if you like it when you're cleaning it you better be super easy with it because you will rub that silk screen write off. It happens every time they're very hard to clean without rubbing the silk screen off it's almost virtually impossible to keep from doing it you just have to clean the bottle and leave the silkscreen alone especially when the bottles wet but I'm sure you boys on here with experience know that I'm just making a point to the newer guys to The Hobby

hemihampton

Reaction score
I've made that same point many times in here.

TheGreenMan

Reaction score
Thanks guys. These haven't been touched since they came out of the old dump.

hemihampton

Reaction score
since these have had time to dry out you should be able to clean with out fear of removing ACL (Applied Color Label). The fresh wet from the ground ones need time to dry out. The longer the better. like 1 month or so. Just my opinion & experience. If you do clean start out slow & careful at first. LEON.

Csa

Reaction score
Hah! Very timely post. I found some 50's & 60's ACLs (pretty much my first ones) yesterday and sure enough a couple of them had the ACL colors literally flake off just by me looking at them the wrong way. I'll post a couple shots in another thread, luckily there were not anything special in there.
I'll know better in the future. You're saying to leave them alone completely to drive for several weeks?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp