Ya hate to see it

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
ohhh, I've had many many Broken Bottles arrive through the mail. as seen in some of my past Pics in here. Usually due to poor incompetent Packaging from non Bottle Collectors or just Stupid People that have no Idea Glass is Fragile & easily Breaks. BUT, I get pissed off to see my Package say FRAGILE GLASS HANDLE WITH CARE all over outside of Box but it looks like it was used as a Football in the Super Bowl all Beat to Hell.
Don't ever put Fragile on something that's fragile, might as well be a bullseye at a shooting range. Just making light, if you're sending some fragile package t h r o w it up against the wall if it doesn't break it should make it. I do work at a business that ships packages when people ask me how to pack something that's what I tell him. They don't handle things with with feather pillows, again most employees at LA Fitness take pride in their work. Giddy up

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yeah, I had another postman tell me putting Fragile on Package just makes them try harder to break it. This don't make sense, why is that? LEON.

Toma777

Reaction score
Yeah, I had another postman tell me putting Fragile on Package just makes them try harder to break it. This don't make sense, why is that? LEON.
Because they're angry all the time at work, and they're trying to get their frustrations out on people they see as either making their jobs harder, or as insulting them by implying they handle things improperly.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Because they're angry all the time at work, and they're trying to get their frustrations out on people they see as either making their jobs harder, or as insulting them by implying they handle things improperly.
My last post on this, postal workers are no different than anybody else we work do our job very well. Apparently some people work for perfect employers or have a business and employ perfect employees, get over it , if you have a better way to send packages use that, we're in a free market for now. Hugs and kisses to you all, giddy up

hemihampton

Reaction score

YEAH, I kinda figured that.

opmustard

Reaction score
I have a retired USPS friend and he verified that when he worked in the disribution center, they would throw packages to each other all the time. I asked him why and he simply said it was easier, faster and no one cared if they did this.
I have had bottles arrive broken with insurance, however USPS would simply tell me that the bottle wasn't packaged properly. So, no refund.
This was told to me by a postal worker who is a boyhood friend of mine. He told me insurance on broken glass hardly ever paid off. Lost items are a different story.
Not saying this happens all the time, but that is what my experience has been.
opmustard

Wildcat Wrangling Kat

Reaction score
Lot of sick people out there Leon.

Your teaching and scaring me, here. Ok, no more marking them fragile. I do pack the bottles so we’ll,like this, with old hose pieces sliced and put on the neck to protect and will make my own packing and tape it maybe with a new roll of tape- squeeze it into a flat rate legal envelope for $8.25? I’ve never had a problem, but no more marking them with a target! Really I think you could drop my packages off a 4 story building and they would survive! If there is any more room in the flat rate envelope, I will fill it with bubble wrap. That might be why they are frustrated because they can’t break it!
7eb6395e33685983e00a16dcab508dd6.jpg

9fdf16a53e8d2191512446a7a287d91e.jpg

b044308e54a74336282bf6dfce2703e4.jpg

c7be94012b7cc78b4456ac5c9a54dfc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Your teaching and scaring me, here. Ok, no more marking them fragile. I do pack the bottles so we’ll,like this, with old hose pieces sliced and put on the neck to protect and will make my own packing and tape it maybe with a new roll of tape- squeeze it into a flat rate legal envelope for $8.25? I’ve never had a problem, but no more marking them with a target! Really I think you could drop my packages off a 4 story building and they would survive! If there is any more room in the flat rate envelope, I will fill it with bubble wrap. That might be why they are frustrated because they can’t break it!
7eb6395e33685983e00a16dcab508dd6.jpg

9fdf16a53e8d2191512446a7a287d91e.jpg

b044308e54a74336282bf6dfce2703e4.jpg

c7be94012b7cc78b4456ac5c9a54dfc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be how you pack something out if breaking, you could probably run that over with a tank.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger