Yellow Green Umbrella Ink on Ebay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
I hope no one on here is bidding on this Photoshopped aqua ink, its going to be a disappointment... 172?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Umb...093?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232e4ff00d

30E1394192E64A0F94DE2584485B43B1.jpg

Attachments

• 30E1394192E64A0F94DE2584485B43B1.jpg
    30E1394192E64A0F94DE2584485B43B1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 102

tigue710

Reaction score
I cant believe anyone would bid with the obvious tampering going on... if you look at the picture I posted here you can see the aqua in the lip... if you look at the "better" extra pictures he added to the auction, (which I believe is what is tricking people), you can see a little bit of grass in every pic in the background, and the ink is the same exact color in those pictures as the grass... If you have played with Photoshop you will know you can use background colors to alter the color of the focal point in the image...

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[:mad:]Yes, A lot of sleazebay sellers use the background color to enhance there bottles color, instead of photoing it before a plain white background, where maybe you could discover which color it really is........

justanolddigger

Reaction score
I was the underbidder on this one, was hoping this post would scare everyone else off. It did go to a very well known national collector who wasn't too scared either. Will not be surprised to see it on his for sale page in a little bit for many times more than what he paid for it.I did not believe it was photo shopped, just lousy pics not knowing how to use the camera's different light level. We are pretty much protected with paypal also, especially since he has a return policy & very low feedback numbers. I have never been stuck with a bottle on ebay, it is so slanted towards the buyer now, no matter what the return policy, the seller is almost always forced to take it back. It is extremely hard to scam on ebay these days.

dw3000

Reaction score
In the first batch of photos it's pretty obvious the seller cranked up the color saturation levels. I don't think the second set were edited, but the photos aren't very good due to the low light. I don't understand why the seller didn't just take some nice pictures of the bottle set in a well lit window.

reach44

Reaction score
Wont he be required to refund the buyer? Ebay doesn't allow one to deceive buyers, correct?

tigue710

Reaction score
there are high priced rip offs on ebay all the time, I wont be surprised if this thing is aqua... In the second picture of the three "good" photo's look at the base through the glass, the color has been altered here too otherwise the color would be darker in the base as its sitting on dark wood... not lit up like a neon sign...

justanolddigger

Reaction score
Looks like you missed the guess about the color. Check seller's feedback & you will see who bought the ink, they were pleased with the ink. I wish now I had bid higher, looks like it was a good one. Not everyone is a crook on ebay, some people just don't know what they are doing...Bill

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi