Yellow Jackets

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CCB420

Reaction score
Better idea! Dip bullet in fipronil first!! Win win

Brnjrv

Reaction score
There is no fighting these nasty little fuckers, only RUNNING!

I lost (ditched) a brand new shovel today, and my big water bottle.

I'm in a new place, don't really know the lay of the land yet, was on ((off)bushwhacking) a logging trail a couple miles from a road..

Climbed up on a huge fallen log to get a better vantage point, and when I was nearly to the end, I noticed a dozen or more bees... Then, a ZZZZZZZ!!!! and a swarm.

I pitched what was in my hands, JUMPED, RAN, FELL, GOT UP and did the craziest and fastest run through brush EVER.

After 5 solid minutes of running, I stopped and tried to catch my breath and was physically shaking. As I panted and frantically looked about, I saw and heard some, STILL AFTER ME!

I'm a special kind of stupid.
Solo treks
Bee allergy (NO EPIPEN)

What a shitty time trying to get away and back to a road.

I'll take bears over bees; any day of the week.
Bees cannot intimidated, and you can't just shoot em' (at least not all of em').

Getting an EPIPEN...
Yeah those evil monsters sting you just because you are breathing the same air as them

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Lately I carry a can of hornet spray in the field. It has a good range and can be used for a variety of unwelcome pests. Luckily I haven't had to use it against a swarm while digging but would only be effective with first shot probably. ..I usually encounter the bees while mowing the lawn. Then its security camera review to see the old man run.;) (Please, don't even ask.:))

hemihampton

Reaction score
Now in this weather I notice lately there is a big TICK Problem. Get them crawling all over me, hours later at home still got them crawling on me. LEON.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it. ..Apply more spray going in and when you go home make like a sarge and check those privates. A stronger soap/shampoo might be helpful too. Revisit all the tricks you learned in basic training and put one of Mailman's "No riders" signs on your hat. ;) ..Not a tick problem here "so far this season." Amen

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado