Yellow Medicine?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

duct_tape_dude

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Any idea’s on this yellow bottle I found in a bottle dump that has bottles from 1890-1950’s. I’ve never seen a color like this…..but I’m also pretty new to this hobby.
60d176e1c68071e4c61803f3bcb57ed4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
Your bottle is an early machine made in a light amber shade. It could have been medicine or food or almost any thing else that came in glass. That ring on the bottom indicates an early automatic bottle machine which was invented around 1905. Amber color was sometimes used to protect the contents from sunlight, although usually those would be much darker. Different packer/bottlers could specify the color they wanted. You will find many amber bottles as your collection grows.

DavidW

Reaction score
Definitely a nice keeper. You don't see machine-made bottles in that shade of light yellow amber all that often, at least in my limited experience. Looks like a "generic" cylindrical chemical bottle or "packer", but could have held any of a number of products. Looks 1910s or 1920s(?)

duct_tape_dude

Reaction score
Hey guys any idea on this one I just found today? Or maybe some resources I can use in the future so I don’t have to bother you guys too much with ID’s. I think it’s an applied top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah that's a great colour, I don't remember seeing any ABM meds in that colour before. I wonder if it might be from the UK, they were using that colour fairly late for a lot of their BIM bottles.
The second one looks like a UK whisky bottle.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi