Yesterdays Pit finds, Unusual St. Louis Med, 10 Sided Hutch , & Grape-Ola Str. Side

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CreekWalker

Reaction score
"The hutch is really nice with the panels. Seems like the hutch is a good deal older than the other finds in your pics. Any other locals such as druggists come out of the hole? The best bottles I've ever dug have been from a creek bank dump." It is a good location, I'm digging in, from the creek toward the center of a filled in gully. That hutch was the third bottle found , the first one found gave this site away. I spotted the ice blue blob top shard , and was lucky enough to locate the source not far upstream. The hutch bottles were at the lowest level closest to the stream. After a big rain event, the flood water opened up the mouth on the gully, so I spotted it pretty quick. Then had to start digging the upper level to prevent a cave in. I ran out of daylight, but hope to get back to it soon. I found one unbroken local embossed med , in the soak now, most were unmarked, I found the usual embossed commons for this area, Moroline, Certo, Vasoline, Horlicks Malted Milk, brown bleach bottles, lots of blue and clear fruit jars, couple of good Ball and Atlas, unmarked beer, and sodas, many are Art Deco. A truck load of shards await me, but have high hopes , in the deepest recesses and what it holds in store.

sunrunner

Reaction score
nice Grape - Ola . I find the Godefroy's once in a will , great deco look. other then that it ante a great bottle.

sunrunner

Reaction score
the Grape Ola is real nice . The Godefroy's is a neat deco style bottle I dig from time to time , but not much else going for it.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
hi, sunrunner, I now have about a dozen embossed and ACL grape soda of various brands, but not that one! I dug up a half dozen Art Deco types with unusual shapes, but unmarked, so I didn't post them. Since the Godefroy could be identified, and was the first one I have dug , it appealed to me. I post a lot of bottle of low value, still some, have a higher interest for the forum members than others.

Aiken

Reaction score
Love mug base Hutches and yours is incredible....keep on digging....

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I really like that Godefroy, it's so weird. What a strange concept expansion chambers on a bottle is. I really have to wonder what the thinking behind that could possibly be.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
I once read this hutch came in various colors. There is a photo on this site showing them, back several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora