yet another new FleaBay change...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I'd respect them more if they simply said they're trying to make more money off the sellers..

ya me too. I guess I'm a victim of using ebay in the early days when they proclaimed at evey oppertunity that "we are only a venue!!" and they didnt want to get involved in seller/buyer transactions[:D][:D]

jays emporium

Reaction score
This change doesn't affect me at all. I didn't even know you COULD put your email in a listing. Buyers contact me all the time through the ebay message system and if I want to contact them privately I get their info then.
Y'all may hate ebay but it is still a way to make money that I will not ignore because it reaches the largest number of potential buyers of any market I know of.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I dont hate ebay. Its a great concept. I just hate seeing it erode bit by bit while the corporate bean counters attempt to squeeze out every penny from the users and convince us they are making it better.
I still use it for some items. Like i said my opinion is colored by using it before many changes were made.
Others may think its great as it is and I can respect that opinion.

ironmountain

Reaction score
What I dislike about ebay is that people can retract their bid almost at will. Had 3 bids on an item and it was at 60ish bucks. This bid was there for 3 days. Woke up the 4th day and the bid was 10.99 (the starting price we had put up)... later that day we get an email that there was a retracted bid. But, he bid on another item of ours and that item still has his bid. No reason as to why or anything. Just bam, bid gone and a generic email from Ebay. I understand that things come up and sometimes the money is short, but at least be courteous enough, or make it required, to send the seller an in-Ebay message as to why.

I agree with Gunther about the slow erosion...it is sad to see something that used to be a decent way for people to get rid of stuff and even make a business slowly nickel and dime the sellers to death. The cost gets passed on to the buyer and eventually people will stop buying. Shipping is already a nightmare. With ups/post office/fedex/ebay costs..sell something for 10 bucks and it costs 12 to ship w/o marking up the cost like some sellers do.

/end rant

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi