Gateway Beverages - Covington, KY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JayBeck

Reaction score
I recently saw a Gateway Beverages seltzer bottle from Covington, Kentucky at an antique shop. The top is incorrect but has an intact glass tube. The ACL features a city skyline, bridge, steamboat and a horse. This bottle has a great label which makes me think it could be more valuable so I am wondering if $30 is the right price or a good deal. I am thinking of going back today so any input is appreciated. Thanks!

JayBeck

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea on this seltzer? Even a common, rare, very rare would really help. It is a great bottle but I am just not sure about the price. I came across a reference for a 12 oz bottle from the same company that described a similar ACL but there was no picture. If it was a 7 or 12 oz bottle I would not have hesitated to buy it but I just don't know seltzer bottles that well since I have seen great looking ones sell cheap and plain ones sell for a lot it makes it tough to figure out the rarity on them especially if not local.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Jason,

Like this?
SN89071406.jpg
or
SN91071506.jpg
maybe
SN70052006.jpg
From.

I really admire the work you've done on your site. http://clevelandohiosodahistory.blogspot.com/

1935D.jpg

JayBeck

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply! I have seen those Gateway bottles before and the one I came across is completely different. I believe the Gateway bottles pictured above were probably bottled in Sidney, Ohio and the seltzer I saw is from Covington, KY with a much more attractive ACL. I think it is a completely different company. I did find a mention of a 12 oz from Covington that described the same label but could not find a picture.

Glad you like the blog! It would be even better if I got the rest of my Cleveland bottles on there. I want to get the pics of the rest of what I have but thought about changing the set up to alphabetical by bottling company to make it easier to navigate and more useful for anyone who is interested. I don't know how I got over 8000 hits on that page but I suppose if people like it I should update it and make it better.

grime5

Reaction score
the gateway your talking about has a red and white label right. it is a common bottle at least around here.hope that helps you. later greg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn