A couple of turn of the century beers - A.G. Van Nostrand & Continental Brewing Co.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Couldn't pass picking up the A.G. Van Nostrand as part of a deal for a few things, and will set next to the Continental Brewing Co. bottle I found in the creek earlier this year. Both have beautiful bubbling, though the Van Nostrand is much larger.

I've found a good amount of information about A.G. Van Nostrand and the company, but can't find much about this particular bottle. They were based in Chelmsford, MA, I'd guess and say this one is from 1905-1915, and had a paper label for their "P.B. Ale" (Pure & Best Ale). Here's more about the company:
image0 (8).jpeg
image2 (7).jpeg
image1 (8).jpeg
image3 (5).jpeg

I've found even less about the Continental Brewing Company, but it seems the date range is easier to pin down. From everything I can find they only used the name "Continental Brewing Co" name from 1896 to 1901. Those are not scratches - this one needs a thorough cleaning on the inside.

image15 (1).jpeg
image11 (1).jpeg
image12 (1).jpeg

These will probably eventually find their way to my eBay store, but for now they'll remain perched on the shelf.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen