Anderson's Cough Drops, MRS. M.N. Gardners Indian Balsam of Liverwort

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Asterx

Reaction score
Hi all, just bought a few bottles locally, and was curious if anyone might have any thoughts on them. I've tried a search here but didn't find anything yet. The first bottle is MRS. Gardners Indian Balsam of Liverwort, pontil, aqua, flared lip. The second is Anderson's Cough Drops, Prepared by J. Mellen, pontil, aqua. They're both in great shape disregarding the lips which are missing about one third of the glass chipped off the flared lip. Any idea on worth with or without chips? Any idea about where they were made and when? Thanks in advance!

Asterisk

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
Pictures?...they help a lot. Hey! Im from ct too...welcome to the forum

madpaddla

Reaction score
Hey Asterisk....

CT fellow here. If mint the Andersons would go from $80 - $120. And the Gardner would go for around $80 if mint. Where in CT are ya? Enjoy the forum ...bunch of nice folks here.

Asterx

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and the much appreciated info Madpaddla. I'm currently in the NE of our Nutmeg state. And yourself? Happy diggin!

Asterisk

Asterx

Reaction score
And thanks Old S. Bottles, I wish I could get my camera to work! I'm from the NE and you? I've hit a couple of dumps I know of this summer, but getting tired of digging the same old stuff. Off to the fleas for me I suppose. I would like to dig a privy sometime though. Take care.

Asterisk

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
Im from old saybrook...hence old.s.bottles[;)] You are tired of digging the same old stuff? thats what bottle diggers do! [:D] How old are the dumps you have been digging?

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
This must be a CT reunion here! I`m from Ellington, but spend a lot of time and work in the northeast part of our little state. Those sound like some nice finds you have there.

Asterx

Reaction score
And a CT reunion it is then Bixby Bill haha. Nice to meet all of you here. Thanks on the finds, they are quite nice, but unfortunately the flared lips on both bots are one third chipped off, not sure of the value with such damage, but they are beautiful though.

Old.S.Bottles, the sites I've dug most of my collection from, save flea buys, seem to span from late 1800's to the 30's or so. So, it's a toss up to what you'll find, but I've dug some decent meds, and gins and such. I kind of introduced myself to the hobby so I've been relying pretty much solely on finding old dumps in the surrounding towns. Haven't gotten into any privies as I don't have a dig partner, but dumps can be fun non the less.

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
You find the privies that have pontils and I'll be your digging partner [;)] Ive only been digging dumps as well...

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau