Info on Thorndale Farms Dairy from NYC

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Shaqair

Reaction score
Does Anyone have info on this bottle in terms of age, price, and history?
20240303_132734.jpg
20240303_132729.jpg

Hezezilla

Reaction score
Local bottles are always super tough to research. I always suggest that people find local bottle clubs for IDs and valuations.

See if it is machine made or a tooled top. There are many discussions about how to figure this out if you don't know already. Secondly, look for any manufacturer's marks. Check the heel, base, and occasionally on the neck or lip. Finding a mark can be tough at times so look through a bright light. Feel free to post your findings, I'm very willing to help you out with this.

Best of luck

Shaqair

Reaction score
Local bottles are always super tough to research. I always suggest that people find local bottle clubs for IDs and valuations.

See if it is machine made or a tooled top. There are many discussions about how to figure this out if you don't know already. Secondly, look for any manufacturer's marks. Check the heel, base, and occasionally on the neck or lip. Finding a mark can be tough at times so look through a bright light. Feel free to post your findings, I'm very willing to help you out with this.

Best of luck
Pretty sure it's a tooled top as the seem fades as it approaches the top of the bottle. The maker's mark is on the base, I believe it reads, "F.B. Co"

Hezezilla

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's a tooled top as the seem fades as it approaches the top of the bottle. The maker's mark is on the base, I believe it reads, "F.B. Co"
Wow, that's an old milk. In my area (Hawaii) tooled milks are highly sought after and extremely valuable. Pints and half-pints are most common with gills (1/4 pints) and quarts being much rarer. Each locality has varying levels of rarity so you really gotta check with someone in your area who would know.

F.B. co. closed in 1893 so your milk is pretty old. Check out their sha page.

Shaqair

Reaction score
Wow, that's an old milk. In my area (Hawaii) tooled milks are highly sought after and extremely valuable. Pints and half-pints are most common with gills (1/4 pints) and quarts being much rarer. Each locality has varying levels of rarity so you really gotta check with someone in your area who would know.

F.B. co. closed in 1893 so your milk is pretty old. Check out their sha page.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2