Nemasket?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Semar

Reaction score
When I was a kid on the Cape about 60 odd years ago this bottler, Nemasket from Middleboro Ma., offered all the non-franchised soda flavors. The flavor was on the crown. I've got a few crown tops I've picked up here or there because they're a link back to earlier times for me..
I have a green Nemasket acl bottle 8oz.
I got curious and looked for it on that auction site.
What the Hell! 2-300.00 US for one of these; now I realize that many sellers offer stuff that they may be ignorant about with inflated prices but, why would at least two different Sellers ask this kind of price for a pop Bottle?
Are they that scarce these days? :confused:

No, it ain't fer sale.

Attachments

• bottle.jpg
    bottle.jpg
    914.5 KB · Views: 37

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Just clueless/scammy sellers I'm afraid. Possibly copying each other to some degree, but all three are trying to sell all sorts of cheap bottles for over a hundred dollars each. The one making a big deal about how the bottle is damaged as a selling point is also trying to sell a slick wine bottle for $150. Only one of these ACLs that has sold was for a buy it now of $10. Someone did pay a buy it now of $50 for one of those "misspelled" green ones (which are not actually misspelled at all) but I suspect that person massively overpaid.

Semar

Reaction score
I figured that's what was going on.
This brings up another question about the situation where there is a bottle listed there (ebay,etsy) where the shipping costs are more than the price of the bottle offered for sale. This makes no sense because if the buyer decides down the road to sell the bottle he'll want to recoup the shipping costs he paid to acquire it in the first place thereby effectively doubling the price asked plus the shipping cost to the new owner.
Looks like a vicious cycle is going on. o_O

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator