Old truck uncovered along road in the woods

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
i guess it wouldn't be that unusual to find an old truck in the woods in northern ontario as i'm sure there is a few of them hiding out there .

noticed this yesterday when i was driving down this sideroad which is near an old railway so alot of history in that area , someone had cleared some trees and was trying to put a driveway into this lot .

and had uncovered this old truck stuck in the ground , stopped to take a couple pictures and poke around , a few parts of broken bottles and metal but nothing interesting

not sure how old the truck is or exact make / model but looks to be fairly old , not sure what they plan on doing with it , can't even take it to scarp metal yard as by law here you need vehicle registration/ ownership to take it in and obviously its not there

IMG_20230916_132858.jpg
IMG_20230916_133022.jpg

Sitcoms

Reaction score
I agree with Leon - the body panels actually look to be in great shape. Someone would definitely use those body parts to either build a street rod or restore their own truck.

I'm thinking right around the same time period as Leon, 1930s up until the mid 1940s. By the early 50's most automakers had moved away from fenders of that style on trucks for the most part.

RCO

Reaction score
Appears to be from the 1930's to me. Someone would probably buy that to make a street rod out of it ? Leon.

not sure if it be connected to the old railway nearby or not , pretty sure it was still there by the 30's - 40's

looks like its really stuck in there , all they have to do is get it out

its actually not that uncommon to come across parts of old vehicles here although usually there isn't as much left as this one , still missing some parts but alot more there than some of the others i've seen before

Newtothiss

Reaction score
i guess it wouldn't be that unusual to find an old truck in the woods in northern ontario as i'm sure there is a few of them hiding out there .

noticed this yesterday when i was driving down this sideroad which is near an old railway so alot of history in that area , someone had cleared some trees and was trying to put a driveway into this lot .

and had uncovered this old truck stuck in the ground , stopped to take a couple pictures and poke around , a few parts of broken bottles and metal but nothing interesting

not sure how old the truck is or exact make / model but looks to be fairly old , not sure what they plan on doing with it , can't even take it to scarp metal yard as by law here you need vehicle registration/ ownership to take it in and obviously its not there

View attachment 249692View attachment 249693
An awful lot looks salvageable and potentially profitable!
I never find them like that; they have all been stripped to the max, rusted out and shot all to hell.

See legal statute Finders v Weepers for details on removal.

RCO

Reaction score
An awful lot looks salvageable and potentially profitable!
I never find them like that; they have all been stripped to the max, rusted out and shot all to hell.

See legal statute Finders v Weepers for details on removal.
i don't know what the owner of the property is doing with the truck , looks like they were trying to clear the lot to possible build a house ? and this truck is like in the way

willong

Reaction score
I would not at all mind having that old truck body and chassis--drop a 12-valve 5.9 Cummins and an Allison (I'm old and lazy, don't like having to operate a clutch) into it and good to go (or "Giddy-up" for Mailman)!

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Can you cite subsequent case law where Finders v Weepers was held to have stare decisis authority? Or, are "get away with it" cases part of that vast trove of "unwritten law?":rolleyes:
Unless you are going to put me on retainer, I will not further get into it.
It's pretty complex stuff..

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen