Stoneware Chicken Waterer

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hezezilla

Reaction score
Hello from a cold and rainy Honolulu. We're due for some possible flooding this week. Thought I should make use of the first bit of sunlight I've seen all day to show off a new find.

I was up in Hilo on Big Island the other week and stopped by the local Goodwill. Inside, they had four stoneware chicken waterers. Three large size (about the same as a 1-gallon jug) and a small one which is the size of a half-gallon jug. I could only fit the half gallon in my suitcase so I had to leave the other three sadly. Bought the little sucker for three dollars! I asked my friend if he'd be willing to buy and ship one of the large-sized waterers but he declined.

Well, I'm still happy to have this. My collector friend said that it's maybe 1890-ish and that these are kind of rare. What say you guys? Have you seen one of these before? Are these rare? Personally, I'd never even known this was a thing until I saw it at Goodwill.

Mahalos guys an Aloha!

Attachments

• P1090626.JPG
    P1090626.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 54
  • P1090627.JPG
    P1090627.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 56
  • P1090628.JPG
    P1090628.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 56

nhpharm

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of them over the years. The interesting ones are the ones that are marked, but unfortunately very few of them seem to have a lot of value.

bill van wormer

Reaction score
What kind of medicine bottles do you collect? I'm looking for warner's safe left hinge, rheumatic cure, diabetes cure. Do you have any dr. Kilmer bottles?

Hezezilla

Reaction score
What kind of medicine bottles do you collect? I'm looking for warner's safe left hinge, rheumatic cure, diabetes cure. Do you have any dr. Kilmer bottles?
Sorry to get back to you so late. Just about the only meds I seriously collect are Oriental Medicines. I don't have much interest in American meds. Would still be nice to dig one though.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen