Wicker flask with screw threads

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

timeandabottle

Reaction score
Hello fellow collectors! I have this little pocket flask I’ll be selling once I can date it, and I’m hoping ya all may offer some advice. It’s 4 3/4” tall x 3 1/2” wide. Clear glass with a seam that stops right at the top of the threads. The top has been ground. I keep thinking one date range then change my mind to another! The lid is pewter and has a small anchor punched into it. Any help on age and origins would as always be appreciated. Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 46

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Ground top+threaded is something I ususally associate with the turn of the 20th century or thereabouts. Not sure when that style of lip started.

timeandabottle

Reaction score
Ground top+threaded is something I ususally associate with the turn of the 20th century or thereabouts. Not sure when that style of lip started.
Thanks for your thoughts. That's about the time frame I was thinking. I've seen this style listed as Civil War Era but I didn't think it was that old. I'm betting that the lid anchor symbol is that of the North and Judd company. It certainly looks correct and on top of that, their plants were in the upper North East, which happens to be where this bottle was acquired at. At least it seems to fit into place anyhow!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen