NEHI Beverages

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

EndlesDreamer

Reaction score
HI, thought Id share what I think might be a rare find, correct me if Im wrong. My boyfriend came across a bottle while out for a walk. I didnt think much of it, he filled it with flowers. The flowers had died so I thought id wash it out. Saw the name NEHI, and decided to look up some info. Apparently the NEHI Bottling Co. began in the 1920's, getting its name from overhearing a sales man using the expression "knee high". The bottom of the bottle is dated March 3, 1925. Anyone have anymore information on this bottle, please let me know.

Thanks
Lisa

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
it all started in 1903 when Claude Hatcher invented his own soda to bottle and sell in his families grocery store he called it "Chero-Cola" he then created a line of fruity beverages that he called "NEHI" as you stated in the 20s they were such a big hit that he renamed the company after them. A little later around 1935 he changed the chero cola formula creating "Royal Crown Cola" or "RC" as most people called it which also was a big hit causing him to change the company name yet again to Royal Crown Cola Co. he also had the first diet soda "diet rite" and the first low calorie soda "RC 100" i think they were also the first to use the aluminum can

is your bottle embossed "nehi" or "chero cola bott. co." on the front opposite the town?

all are common bottles but they are still VERY nice to find

logueb

Reaction score
Couldn't have put it better myself Spence, That's a good short history on Nehi.

Lisa, Welcome to the forum and aneat find. There are a lot of variations on the Nehi bottles out there, but remember. One bottle leads to another , then another, and a collection has begun. Good Luck

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
Well post them dude.

i will as soon as i can, the batteries in my camera are dead, and for some unknown reason my charger isnt working so i will have to wait and steal the batteries out of one of the remotes, but i wont forget you ill post them as soon as i can

im thinking of getting into the fascinating world of pop bottles

im about to unload some bottles if your interested, i have a squat, some blobs, some early crowns, a couple beers, and some ACLs

EndlesDreamer

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the reply. Finding the bottle is just as fun as learning the history behind it! The bottle says NEHI, a rope design (my guess) on the bottle. The bottom of the bottle reads: 5 <0> 51 Design Pat 0, Mar 3-25, Duraglass (?) and 5. Thanks again for all the information, you are all very nice!

I'm going to try to get these pics taken and post them for you. Is it hard to post them on here?

Lisa

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger